all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Movement/Nutrition guilty pleasures?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Ricky01

Level 6 Valued Member
Hey guys

At this time of year when many allow themselves to indulge in their guilty pleasures...I was wondering if you have anything you like doing/consuming in your daily/weekly movement and nutritional journeys?

Do you know the benefit of swings but loves triceps kick backs? Or maybe you watch your macros but struggle to drive past a MacDonald drive thru?!

Movement wise:
For me, with all my OS resets and crawling, I love squat thrusts. I know KB cleans, swings and back squats are amazing....but after my loaded crawling I enjoy the stomach churning, breathe loading, arm trembling side effect of the classic squat thrust.

I add it into my classes, use it with my clients and I think that you don't need a whole lot, to get a whole lot.

Nutrition:
My food intake is pretty squeaky clean, but I enjoy chocolate milk....there I said it.

Richard

Haha I know....I'm bland. You just don't hear much about them anymore. They are not glamerous or sexy and are just uncomfortable to do any decent number of .... and that's why I like them haha.

well, i don't follow exact what the program said. and i drink coffee, which is bad for my condition at some point

Squat thrusts / 4 count burpees are great bang for your buck. Great to alternate with pushups as well

I have a soft spot for Lenny & Larry's 'Complete Cookies'. Massive cookies with 16g protein each (the peanut butter and oatmeal and raisin ones are my favourites).

My guilty pleasure exercise is the barbell biceps curl: I'm quite happy to record my deadlifts and presses in my training log but the biceps curls at the end of my workouts are something of a guilty secret.

In my defence, I'm doing them as heavy as I can for sets of 5 reps so I can at least look at it as additional strength practice.

When it comes to bodyweight movements, I'm also guilty of dancing in the kitchen when nobody's looking.

My guilty pleasure (according to many of you guys) is a hard run or a workout that gets my heart rate up and leaves me a sweaty mess.

(Im not advocating going full crossfit and redlining every workout, but in my opinion there’s a time and place for everything.)

Also, brownies.

In my neck of the woods, there is a fast food concept known as the "garbage plate" originally created by a Nick Tahoe's. All the local eateries have a version of it. Basically two burgers (cheese) or hot dogs on top of mac salad and home fries. Cover the whole thing with onions, hot sauce, gravy etc. You can sub out the mac salad and fries for cottage fries, hash browns, baked beans etc. It is a big pile of food.

Running around doing a lot of holiday shopping I managed to eat a handful of these bad boys. Also milkshakes.

The only guilty pleasure work I do (though I justify it as needed for balance) is tricep presses - hang a KB from a towel and extend between shoulder blades - press up and out per an upside down cable tricep extension. This is the only lift where I go to muscle screaming, forced rep/added eccentrics pumpitude.

I have to stop myself from adding 1 arm presses into my routine. It's the one thing that I will add as "assistance" if it's not my main push focus. Something about putting heavy weight above my head makes me feel like a bad a#@.

As far as guilty pleasures for food, I don't count wine as a "guilty" pleasure - I have a glass with dinner 95% of the time, though it would not even qualify as one drink (takes me almost two weeks to finish a bottle) - but I do love dark chocolate. Have to limit how often I buy it.

Hey guys .........
Nutrition:
My food intake is pretty squeaky clean, but I enjoy chocolate milk....there I said it.

Richard

You have got to try this stuff....OMG!

new-chocolate-bottle.png

Highlights
  • 125mg DHA
  • 13g of high quality protein
  • No artificial growth hormones
  • Lactose Free
Our rich and creamy fairlife DHA chocolate whole ultra-filtered milk has 13g of protein, 35% daily value of calcium, plus 125mg of DHA Omega-3. That's more than the leading DHA Omega-3 milk, which has 32mg. Finally a treat you can feel good about

Chocolate Milk | 2% Reduced Fat Ultra-Filtered Chocolate Milk | fairlife

Carl in Dover

Guilty workout pleasure: Writing a full workout in my book not sure if I can get it done or not, but because it’s already written, it’s got to get done. No matter how long it takes me. TOTAL GRINDERS. Also, working out Alone allows me to go to my dark place.

Oh, And pizza. Not even good pizza either. Just stealing some of my kids slices of Dominos every now and then.

Life tends to be miserable in the absence of daily consumption of saturated fat from dairy. I tend to get hooked on chocolate rather frequently as well.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom