all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Moving onto Single Hand Swings

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

marmarberry

Level 4 Valued Member
Hi Everybody!
Its been a long while since I've been on here, but I'm back!
I have come back to my kettlebells and have been focused on getting to Simple some time this year. I progressed up to the 24kg bell with my double hand swings, but I'm not quite there yet to do shs. So, I started swinging the 20kg and want some experienced eyes to help guide me; am I hinging too soon on the downstroke?

I agree, @marmarberry, looks good!

am I hinging too soon on the downstroke?

I don't think you're hinging too soon... could possibly get another couple of microseconds there to wait until the arm reconnects to the ribcage on the down-swing... but I think yours looks fine.

Overall I think it looks solid. I agree with Steve that more knee bend will allow you to sit deeper into the hips, which is a good thing. Sitting deeper into the hips will probably also help you retain slightly more square shoulders for the duration of the set; if you look closely from about reps 6 onwards the shoulders start to twist more during the backswing ... this is a common thing that happens when the body tries to find more distance to absorb the force of the falling kettlebell. If you can give your body the distance it needs via sitting into the hips, it won't need to "borrow" that distance by twisting the shoulders.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom