all posts post new thread

Nutrition Multi-Vitamin without B?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Steve Freides

Staff
Senior Certified Instructor Emeritus
Elite Certified Instructor
I have tried, for the last 20-ish years, to take a multi-vitamin every morning. Over the last few years, I've tried those that say they're for people of my age, which is 65 - sometimes, I take the "over 50."

They all seems to have lots of different kinds of B vitamins in them, and in huge amounts - hundreds or thousands of percentages compared to the government-recommended daily allowance.

Of late, I've taken to cutting them in half, and that helps somewhat, but then I'm only taking half a vitamin - duh. :)

Can anyone recommend a mutli-vitamin that wouldn't have all those B vitamins? Mine says it has 500% of the RDA of B12.

Thanks.

-S-

I have tried, for the last 20-ish years, to take a multi-vitamin every morning. Over the last few years, I've tried those that say they're for people of my age, which is 65 - sometimes, I take the "over 50."

They all seems to have lots of different kinds of B vitamins in them, and in huge amounts - hundreds or thousands of percentages compared to the government-recommended daily allowance.

Of late, I've taken to cutting them in half, and that helps somewhat, but then I'm only taking half a vitamin - duh. :)

Can anyone recommend a mutli-vitamin that wouldn't have all those B vitamins? Mine says it has 500% of the RDA of B12.

Thanks.

-S-
MAF Multi by Phil Maffetone.
Vitamin Code Raw One for Men is pretty close.

Last edited:
MAF Multi by Phil Maffetone.
Vitamin Code Raw One for Men is pretty close.
I ordered the MAF multi. No label shown so we'll see when it gets here.

The second one you mention still has 400% B12.

Thanks very much.

-S-

I would suggest to eat beef liver once a week and add a daily magnesium supplement . Vitamine C and Zinc only when your a little under the weather. Vitamine D when the days are short and dark, especially if you don't catch to much sun during summer.

Real ( as in non synthetic) Vitamine B will not trouble your stomach.

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpeg

Arrived a few days ago, very happy, will stick with this. It's 3 per day, so I take two in the morning and one in the afternoon, and no stomach upset at all.

Thanks for the recommendation, much appreciated.

-S-

Supplements are only necessary if your nutrition is lacking - rather than taking supplements for supplements, consider less OCD/better food. Vitamin b is already a complex of multiple vitamins so I think it's important to consult a health professional before taking other multivitamins that also include B complex.

Supplements are only necessary if your nutrition is lacking - rather than taking supplements for supplements, consider less OCD/better food. Vitamin b is already a complex of multiple vitamins so I think it's important to consult a health professional before taking other multivitamins that also include B complex.
IMO, age is a factor. I eat much less than I did when I was younger and, e.g., supplementing potassium allows me to get what I need without the sugar and calories of a banana. One of the reasons I seem to do so well as a powerlifter is that there simply aren't many people my age and my weight, but I choose to stay thin, and supplements help in this regard. I'm very happy with the MAF vitamin that doesn't contain a lot of vitamin B - it seems a good fit for me.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom