all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Multiple health issues.

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

tomsda

First Post
At 55 yo. Since this past Feb. I've had 2 strokes found out I have type 2 diabetes had a stent put in my heart and found out I have stage 4 cirrhosis due to non alcoholic fatty liver disease. At 5'9 230 lbs. I HAVE to lose lbs. Any suggestions on getting to that goal with the help of kettlebell would be appreciated.

At 55 yo. Since this past Feb. I've had 2 strokes found out I have type 2 diabetes had a stent put in my heart and found out I have stage 4 cirrhosis due to non alcoholic fatty liver disease. At 5'9 230 lbs. I HAVE to lose lbs. Any suggestions on getting to that goal with the help of kettlebell would be appreciated.
Definitely check with your doc before starting anything. I would say trust your gut and look at diets and training plans and pick something you think you can STICK to. Usually something will just strike a chord in you whether it’s keto or vegan or low fat... I have my opinions but basically anything will work if you just cut calories down (way easier to lose weight that way than through exercise, but ya still gotta exercise). The main point is to just eat REAL food.

Not sure where your at strength wise but Simple and a Sinister is a pretty simple plan that delivers and when done with proper rest between sets you will probably have more energy after than you did before. That helps to light the fire and keep you motivated.

Welome, @tomsda

How much do you understand about your condition? Do you enjoy learning more about health and exercise? The reason I ask is that we could point you to some great resources... But not everyone wants to learn and listen and read about that stuff. Some people just want to get to work, which is fine too!

Let us know what kettlebells you have, what kettlebell skills you have, and what you picture yourself working into your life and what you want to work towards.

Here is my suggestion, if you're still at the starting line about to take the first step: Get a copy of S&S (revised and updated) and practice the kettelbell deadlift, any weight, 3 sets of 5 reps, every other day. Re-read the instructions before and after each session.

Congratulations on taking steps towards control of your health!

Yes. Thanks. Its definitely been a while. I was first introduced to Pavel when he was at dragondoor. Picked up a 35lb KB and a copy of power to the people. That was back in the 90's. Yeah, so it's been a minute. Now that getting in shape and losing some weight has become a matter of life or death I thought I'd ask what kind of advice some might have to offer.

@tomsda-sorry to hear about all your health issues, you certainly have your plate full. Haven't your doctor(s) given you any plans to help with all these issues? Kind of disheartening if not. As others suggested get doctor's approval before pursuing a plan. A good diet and daily walking would be a good start. A simple kbell program with dr's approval. Good luck.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom