all posts post new thread

Nutrition Mumie, mumiyo or mumijo?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Jeffro

Level 6 Valued Member
Trying to get back to sleep, reading some old Pavel posts and landed on this one
Where Pavel says:
First, stop buying unproven supplements that all end up in the toilet and then in our water supply. Nassim Nicholas Taleb, the author of Antifragile, drinks only the drinks that are centuries old—water, coffee, and wine. That would be unrealistic for nutritional supplements, but at least make it a rule of thumb not to take anything that has not been around for at least a couple of decades.
And not just something that has been around, but something that has earned a strong performance and safety record. Russian athletes have been taking mumie for many decades and are still swearing by it. If you have convincing reasons to start taking adaptogens, mumie would be a fine choice.​

The link he gave includes some remarkable tales. A quick googling finds a number of meathead discussions tossing around words like anabolic, while others stress it's recovery enhancement while others worry about radioactivity.

A little more googling doesn't tell me much about what the heck it is. Does it literally ooze out of the mountains? Do rats poop it out and use it as mortar for their burrows? Is it organic or mineral? Was it organic before it fermented for thousands of years and concentrated itself in the magical mountains? Was it created by using dragon fire to evaporate unicorn tears? Yes I made that one up, though I don't doubt I would have found it with more googling.

Anyway, does anybody know anything about it, or have any experience with it? Maybe similar to an Indian product siljat?

I don't know about Mumie exactly, but I understand it is some kind of juniper extract? I get my supplemental use of juniper through gin. It really helps me recover, especially mentally. Heartily recommended!

Google

russian adaptogen mumie

Plenty to read and to buy.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom