all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Music vs No music

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I like listening to the sound track of Mad Max Thunder Rd during S&S. Not distracting and helps keep me focused.

For strength and skill based training I only listen to my body.

But for mind-numbing indoor endurance work like riding on my wind trainer or doing an hour of box steps... I would lose what little of my mind I have left if I didn't crank out some loud tunes. Rockabilly/Psychobilly

No music. I don't often listen for pure enjoyment anymore, so no point in listening while I train.

When I was first learning some Escrima and doing stick drills at home I'd play classical, seemed to help with flow. And some metal when working out on the heavy bag.

Maybe part of training should be to learn to block out distractions, and focus. If you have ever trained in a commercial gym you get good at it.

Last edited:
I might listen aggressive metal music before practice just to get the adrenaline flowing, but not during exercise. I love music and play electric bass and might focus too much to listening it. I don't want to hurt myself by losing focus when doing my lifts. So strength training and music separately for me.

Hello,

No music. When I use iron above my head, I want to be focused. It is the same when I am upside down ! When training, I like feeling "here and now", in silence.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom