all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Music Whilst Training

Carvings, Blood of Garuda. This whole albums sounds like, I don’t know, if you had the most badass protagonist hero in a movie ever fathomed and every time he appeared on screen it was like heavy guitars and just ooooooomph. Anyway that’s what’s on my stereo most sessions.

I listen to my body. I concentrate on the matter at hand… training, not music…)

(That being said… I will listen to tunes whilst doing soul stealing box steps… psychobilly… :cool: )

Garage open, speakers blasting out the 90s/00s high energy of Metallica, Ice Cube, Linkin Park, Eminem, STP, Rage, etc. Rattle the civilized neighborhood a bit.... ;)

No music while doing anything except music, so that means no music while lifting, driving, and whatever else.

-S-

I can't listen to podcasts when I train. It takes too much effort first to hear absolutely all of what they say, and then think what to make of what they say. However, it is a good choice when I do some monotonic and unimportant exercise, like shoveling snow or mowing the lawn.
Yes, that's why I don't listen to podcasts whilst strength training. But, I ruck 75~90 minutes about twice a week. While rucking I listen to Joe Rogan. Podcasts are perfect for rucking!

Lyle Lovett <sigh> - what a wonderful, one-of-a-kind he is. For those of you who don't know him, perhaps my favorite - even though he writes most of his own songs, this song isn't his but the performance sure is.

-S-

I tend to rotate podcasts and music. Podcasts are usually npr staples and things like the Tim ferriss show and The Game with Alex hormozi.

Music depends. If I need some power, either iggy pop or punk like against me, rancid, or operation ivy. If it is more chill then recently I’ve been listening to my playlist of good bands from places I’ve lived. So bands like trampled by turtles, the heart pills, Jagernaughts, and Bob Dylan.

If it is a harder session or a bad brain day where I can't focus, music: I have two speeds - rock and ... folk country? I dunno the genre exactly ... Rock - lately Powerwolf, Nirvana, Five Finger Death Punch, Primordial, and Wardruna have been making a lot of appearances. Rob Bailey and the Hustle Standard is fun sometimes. Folk Country are groups like Poor Mans Poison; Slaid Cleaves; Goodnight, Texas; Crooked Still; The Dead South; Tyminski; SteelDrivers; Blue Moon Rising; Whiskey Myers...
I'm in the same boat as you. I love me some bluegrass/folk country training.

Usually, I don't train with music. I like the quiet, contemplative monotony of set after set of A+A work...

Lyle Lovett <sigh> - what a wonderful, one-of-a-kind he is. For those of you who don't know him, perhaps my favorite - even though he writes most of his own songs, this song isn't his but the performance sure is.

-S-

I love Guy Clark too! Lovett's cover of "Step Inside This House" is so powerful! Lovett's whole "Step Inside This House" album is so great. I am a guitar player. I used to be able to sing and play that whole album. The song "Bears" written by Stephen Fromholz on that record is my go to acoustic guitar song.

It honestly truly depend on how I’m feeling that day. Some days i will listen to r&b or some smooth Spanish music. Some days i want to kick down the doors with 2000s rock music and some days I’m feeling like a grown man with rap playing in my ear. But I can also watch YouTube videos and listen to podcasts.

-S-

Yes, an absolute gem. Today I A&A snatched for an hour to my Lyle Lovett playlist. He truly "has lights in his fingers...."

I love Guy Clark too! Lovett's cover of "Step Inside This House" is so powerful! Lovett's whole "Step Inside This House" album is so great. I am a guitar player. I used to be able to sing and play that whole album. The song "Bears" written by Stephen Fromholz on that record is my go to acoustic guitar song.

At 37:26 in this video:

-S-

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom