all posts post new thread

Bodyweight My 20 Potato Chips HIIT Oct 16 2019

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

tlo72

First Post
Activation routine - 5 10s plank, 5 10s superman fly, 20 slow lunges, 20 slow pushup, 5 min run

Main routine - 5 rounds of 1 minute on 1 minute off

hands off explosive push-up followed by high plank knee tuck

My reps was 9-9-9-9-7 lost steam at the last set

186 calories (18.6 chips, couldn't get up to 20 :() with 175 bpm

Stretch - some yoga stretches for knee and back

Used soft pad to reduce impact on my shoulder (left one had arthroscopy) and elbow. Not too happy with my pushup form yet would love to get some advice. if you are going to try this out let me know your rep counts, calorie and heart rate also.

My workout video

That sounds like tough little training session,

I'm not sure if I was watching your superman pushups or your power pushups in that vid. Sorry if I took that out of context and disregard the next statement if they were your superman pushups.

In regards to the power push up. You really want to try to take the hips out of it and keep a rigid spine throughout the movement. If your hips are bending then it becomes less of a pushup and more of a jump. Most people break at the hips a bit for superman pushups but power pushups are normally done in a rigid plank. You keep a straight line from your head right down to your heels and your toes stay planted for the whole movement and you just try to "jump" with your hands/ upper body.

Tazan,

Super thanks for your comment. I think my pushup was in between the superman pushup and power pushup. I believe superman pushup I have to push out my arms straight in the front with a superman flying position which I am not strong enough to have enough airborne time yet. And I think the power pushup doesn't require legs to be airborne. So my pushup was more closer to the superman one but still training my upper body to be strong enough for the airborne time. But your comment is definitely relevant since I am not happy with my form on the pushup. By judging my legs was higher than my shoulder that tells me my body was in a "wave" not with rigid spine like you pointed out. I believe if my upper body is strong enough I should be able to airborne my whole body without breaking too much of my hip. I will take your advice and try to focus more on making my back more straight and rigid. Appreciate that!!!!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom