all posts post new thread

Old Forum My father sets another American deadlift record

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Pavel

CEO
Ladies and gents, my dad competed in a meet in Solvang, CA today and pulled 407 pounds (185kg) at a bodyweight of 193.5—an AAPF/APF American record in the 75-79 years old 198 pound class, DL only.  No belt or other supportive equipment.  He is 75 years old.

Pavel:  That is a feat to inspire all of us.  Awesome. We have no excuses, do we? Thanks for sharing that.

Kash

Nice! wow. that's serious weight at any age but 75? Most Excellent.

Fantastic!  Please pass along our collective congratulations to him - that's awesome pulling.

-S-

Outstanding! You father's success has helped me to get my dad deadlifting. This makes me feel much more comfortable knowing he won't stop shoveling snow, rock, etc.

And to think that I am intimidated by the strength standards in ETK. From here on I'll consider myself a young buck T 63.

Seriously, Pavel, that is a testiment not just to genetics, but ultimately to hard work, perseverance, and  probably some good coaching. :)

Jim

Strong lifting! Is your father still using the 5x5 program outlined on Tim Ferris blog? I always liked that one.

Thank you, ladies and gents!

In a few weeks I will post a blog which outlines his current training.

Your father never fails to AMAZE us! This is incredible!

I'm 64 and this is very motivating for me.  My best to Mr. Tsatsouline Senior and hope to read much more about him.  Did you read about the 82 yo Canadian?  Pulled over 400 at a bw of about 170 earlier this year.  Another role model.  Makes me feel like I've got a good quarter century to go, at least.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom