all posts post new thread

TSC My first TSC

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

NoahMarek

Level 5 Valued Member
Hi everyone! Today I competed in my first TSC at the Movement Fitness Studio in Salem, Oregon. For a little background, I am 22 years old, 5'11", 176.4 lbs (at my weigh in today), and started kettlebell training less than a year ago using S&S as my initial instruction. Anyway, the TSC was such an incredible experience in so many ways! The SFGs and members were all very kind and welcoming to me (I was the only one there who was from an outside gym) and the environment was friendly and exciting. Oh, and the lifting was fun and amazing too!!!

Here is a quick recap of my day: After my initial deadlift of 345, I missed my 2nd attempt at 385 and after some encouragement from the members, I pulled it on my 3rd attempt! For my pull ups, I managed 17 strict which was a couple more than I was expecting! And lastly, for the snatch test I was a little uncertain as I have only started snatching within the last couple months. However, I was able to hit 100 snatches with the 24kg bell in 5 min which was my goal! I seriously finished my last snatch right as the clock ran out of time. It was difficult but so fun and rewarding! It was also great that my SFG watching named Susan gave me a few quick tips during my rests as well as encouragement.

I am definitely happy with the numbers I achieved, but it was the community there that truly made it such an amazing experience. This event didn't feel competitive to me honestly. I knew no one there prior to going and yet I felt a lot of encouragement and support to do MY best. I really felt that we were all just competing to do our personal best as well as encouraging each other to do the same. This is my first in person interaction with the Strongfirst community and it was truly a special day :) I am looking forward to the TSC next fall already! Have a strong day!

-Noah

I was hoping to post the video of my 385 deadlift but the file size is too big. If anyone wants to see, it is on my Instagram account "noahmarek2" along with my pull up video. Also, let me know how your TSC day was! I would love to hear :)

Sounds awesome, great report and great results!

I am very intrigued with working toward a future TSC. The last few cycles there has not been a host location in my state (Michigan). As I'm on my own with S&S, no SFG near me and no KB gyms as far as I know, I'm not sure how it'd even be possible.

Great report, Noah, and Congratulations on your impressive results!

@Sean M That is unfortunate about there not being a location close to youbut the next time there is, you should sign up! It will be worth it! Also, there was a wide range of abilities there so don't feel like you need to be "ready" before signing up. :)

@Anna C Thank you, Anna. I'm sure yours were very impressive!

Great results @NoahMarek!
Your post is very inspiring to competing at TSC. I really like the idea of working toward breaking own records and preparing to TSC every year. You cant go wrong with deadlift, pull up and snatches.
Unfortunately I am also among those who dont have a TSC event near by. Despite this I run my own "TSC" yesterday and will definitely do this every time cause its good to have goals ad trying to be better every time. And when TSC happened to be near by I will be happy to compete ;)

I was hoping to post the video of my 385 deadlift but the file size is too big. If anyone wants to see, it is on my Instagram account "noahmarek2" along with my pull up video. Also, let me know how your TSC day was! I would love to hear :)
On our forum, you post a _link_ to your video, not the video itself. Upload your video to YouTube or similar, then post a link to it here.

Congratulations on your most excellent result, sir.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom