all posts post new thread

Old Forum My hybrid programming

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

ryanrbjj

Level 1 Valued Member
Im a recreational jiujitsu player so with my strength training im all about conserving my resources for my jiujitsu sessions. i like to stick to strength training that yields the most return for my efforts. i had good success with the 5/3/1 program and gained considerable strength but had some reduced flexibility and joint issues. often i felt too \"wiped out\" to train jiujitsu with the focus i like to. i played around with other methods like deadlifting 1x a week and pullups and dips 2x a week. which i feel is a great base program for grapplers. then i tried the simple and sinister kb program. i feel the swing and getup are phenomenal exercises for the grappler as well. i love my calisthenics and didnt wish to abandon them, and also have had great benefits from yoga and breath control. in jiujitsu, maximizing strength is not the only factor. flexibility, strength and power endurance and mobility are equally as important.
so i created my own hybrid program. lol. it is very flexible but and my rest days change depending on my body but it looks something like this;
monday- S&S KB swings and getups
Tuesday- Yoga Jiujitsu training
wednesday- Calisthenics (5x5 of pullups, dips, 1 arm pushups, inverted rows) Jiujitsu training
thursday- S&S KB swings and getups
friday- yoga jiujitsu training
Saturday- Calisthenics jiujitsu training
Sunday- rest
what do you think?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom