all posts post new thread

Kettlebell My Kettlebell Disappeared

Jeff

Level 5 Valued Member
I received the email from StrongFirst about concentrating on pushing my feet through the floor when doing deadlifts. I applied that to my swings and was surprised how much easier it was. I don’t recall that being a coaching cue for swings, but what a difference. I wonder if SF instructors will start using that cue for swings, or if there are any concerns about applying this cue to swings.

I received the email from StrongFirst about concentrating on pushing my feet through the floor when doing deadlifts. I applied that to my swings and was surprised how much easier it was. I don’t recall that being a coaching cue for swings, but what a difference. I wonder if SF instructors will start using that cue for swings, or if there are any concerns about applying this cue to swings.
It's been a coaching cue for StrongFirst for as long as I can remember.

-S-

I trained under a SF senior instructor and never heard it. I’m surprised it is not in the book.

I agree that the cue is not used as much as it could or should be.

My personal theory is that most teaching is done with lighter weights, and it's hard to "get" that cue until you use something a little heavier that you can really use to push with. By that time in the learning process, people get distracted finding and fixing other aspects of the swing.

FWIW, it's also a quest with Olympic Lifts... And also one that I imagine some coaches fail to emphasize.

(BTW, what's the meaning of the thread title?)

I agree that the cue is not used as much as it could or should be.

My personal theory is that most teaching is done with lighter weights, and it's hard to "get" that cue until you use something a little heavier that you can really use to push with. By that time in the learning process, people get distracted finding and fixing other aspects of the swing.

FWIW, it's also a quest with Olympic Lifts... And also one that I imagine some coaches fail to emphasize.

(BTW, what's the meaning of the thread title?)
My bell all of a sudden seems so light it is like it disappeared.

There is a video with Brett: find your push, not your pull, he says. Better deadlifts, better swings.
This gave me a better swing as well

Back
Top Bottom