all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB My kettlebell RKC is no match.

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Sebbb

First Post
Good evening everybody.Sorry for my poor English.
I began SS in first January.I used first one 12kg KB and after one 16kg KB. Next I decided to purchase à 24kg KB.I bought a middle quality KB.And the KB weight only 23.2kg.Somebody said me that RKC kettlebells are the Rolls-Royce of KB.I purchase à 24kg RKC kettlebell via Amazon and one more time the KB is no match.I am very disappointed.It's a big cost and my kb is not simply the good weigh!!!
Where can I find a KB whitch weight really 24kg?
Thank for reading
Seb

@Sebbb, welcome to the StrongFirst forum.

Kettlebells, in my experience, are not necessarily very accurate in their weights. I don't think it's important. Weight plates are also often not exactly what they say they are. If you are concerned that a weight is accurate, look for words like "calibrated" in their description.

-S-

I have a bunch if Kettlebell Kings comp bells and they are all within 0.2 lbs of their marked weight. Note: These are kg bells but I don't have a kg scale so I convert kgs to lbs and then weigh them. I had one cast KBK bell and it was also deadly accurate in weight. The aren't cheap but have served me well and will for many years.

For a cost saving tip, check out their adjustable kettlebells. Mine goes from 12 to 32 in mostly 2kg jumps.

I have a bunch if Kettlebell Kings comp bells and they are all within 0.2 lbs of their marked weight.
It makes sense that a kettlebell considered "competition" would need to be accurate in weight if used in competition. If used only for training, I don't think it makes all that much difference. I've never weighed most of my kettlebells - I did weigh some of them years ago and remember some were off by a kilo - some heavy, some light.

-S-

You are right, the bottom line is a lb or two is much more mental than physical. I also should have posted that I'm quite a bit anal retentive and actually measures the elastic bands to know how my work was required, hahaha. If you think measuring kettle bell mass is bad, you ought to seem my timing for cooking eggs, hahaha.

My older Perform Better kettlebells surprisingly are the most accurate with regards to actual weight. They also were the least expensive. The down side is they have that chipped finish but I certainly don't care.

If it really matters, Eleiko competition KBs are calibrated to within +/- 200g and Wolverson comp. KBs to +/- 150g. Kettlebell Kings are within 300g and will replace any KBs that fall outside of that range free of charge (Kettlebell Kings offer no guarantee of accuracy on their cast iron bells).

For reference, Rogue KBs are claimed to be accurate to within 3% (which gives you up to 480g for a 16kg bell, 720g off either way for a 24kg bell, 960g for a 32kg bell and so on).

Of course, one problem with trying to weigh a kettlebell to determine how accurate its purported weight is that one then has to deal with the question of how accurate the scales are. Infinite regress. :p

If you can 'zero' your scales with a measuring jug on them you can always weigh a liter of water, which should weigh exactly 1kg. That should give you an idea of where your scales are at. Of course, you have be certain that your measuring jug is 100% accurate, which you can't be.

Philosophically speaking, one can never truly be certain of anything.

Are you certain about that?

Yes... I mean, no... Urgh.

The cool thing about kettlebells is that it doesn't matter if they're precisely calibrated or not because they will work anyway.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom