all posts post new thread

Kettlebell My Kettlebell "Strong" Results

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Guys,
Anyone run any of the programs from Goeff's more KB muscle? I've completed one week of KB Strong with the One hybrid option with a pair of 24kg. To be honest the Ine program was the toughest part.
Anyhow I've set aside Sunday morn for skills practice for double push press and trying to pattern the jerk. I dug out my copy of KB more muscle and run through the ballistics beat down with the 24kg, it wiped me out!!!
Anyhow week two of KB strong coming up, looking forward to it!!

I did the Wolf with the 20kgs. Set me up very well for Strong.

Very difficult program, though. Bit of a gut check.

Guys,
Anyone run any of the programs from Goeff's more KB muscle? I've completed one week of KB Strong with the One hybrid option with a pair of 24kg. To be honest the Ine program was the toughest part.
Anyhow I've set aside Sunday morn for skills practice for double push press and trying to pattern the jerk. I dug out my copy of KB more muscle and run through the ballistics beat down with the 24kg, it wiped me out!!!
Anyhow week two of KB strong coming up, looking forward to it!!

@conor78

Now if I remember correctly in both KBM and MKBM Geoff recommends using a pair that you can clean and press easily for 8-10 reps. So if you can't press a pair of 24kg for an easy 8 reps that is why it was such a session.

I did KBM the first time with a pair of 16's and by week 9 I was so glad I did!! When I was done in 12 weeks I lost an inch or more from my waist and had blown up my shoulders. It works just trust in @Geoff Neupert

That's right Mike, don't have 2 16 kg so my ego was encouraging me to give it a go with the 24kg, you're right it was a session, was saturated in sweat, back to Strong this week. You're right, trust in Geoff and Pavel of course. That's three of his programs and that's probably a lifetime of workouts laid out in front on me.cheers

Conor, if I may add, in the original KBM, Geoff recommends a set of bells you can "comfortably" press 10 times. I take that as "strict pressing" ten times with some reps leftover in the tank. As the program continues and the volume increases and rest periods decrease you'll kill yourself if you go too heavy.

Thanks John, I learnt that the hard way yesterday, was brutal, just had a go at it to see how it felt, the workouts looks really challenging, it'll be a while before I come back round to it but I'll be be investing in a set of 16kg if I do, humbling to say the least!!!

rmace126, I used a pair of 20s when I went through it the first time. Thought it would be too light, because I thought I was somewhat strong and the 24s should have been easy.......they were not of course and the 20s were quite a challenge! They got me in great shape. KBM is not just about adding muscle, as the conditioning effect is there as well. It's an awesome program that despite being one of th shortest workouts you can do requires focus!

I'd say so John, I think the phrase Geoff uses is it's a gut check; that pretty much sums it up. @cystegen the wolf workout looks really challenging, I could imagine how that would prep anyone for KB strong. G Nuepert'sprograms are second to none. Only I'm on the other side of the Atlantic I'd be making a bee line to one of his workshops,think he's rolling out some workshops in the US soon..

You can run the Strong program using front squats.

in one of his newsletters @Geoff Neupert mentioned doing a progression of movements like this

front squats
jerks
push presses
strict presses

Just started Strong but was wondering about running it with other movements. Would you do a clean with each rep just as with the press program? Thanks

Just started Strong but was wondering about running it with other movements. Would you do a clean with each rep just as with the press program? Thanks

You don't have to but you can if you have the ability to maintain integrity of technique with each rep

Mark, I think that sums it up pretty well. I like cleaning before each rep....With presses especially. I can get more reps with heavier poundages if I clean first. Additionally, adding the clean to the press or whatever exercise you are doing makes it more fullbody. The clean and press becomes a pull and a push and activates more muscle overall which taxes the cardio system, etc.

When I did KB Strong with C&P it was a Clean before each Press whether it was 10x1 or 8x3

Now when I did it with the FSQ I only did a clean at the first rep of a set so 8x3 was only 8 cleans but 24 front squats.

I've followed the same pattern as Mike. To me, a clean before each squat feels very awkward and disrupts the flow. However a clean before each press is good and my experience is similar to others, I can usually do a few more presses that way.

I'm really missing KB Strong but have made a commitment to achieve simple before returning to Strong.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom