all posts post new thread

Kettlebell My Kettlebell "Strong" Results

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Rayhzel, the main differences between the two books are that the original KBM has one program in it that lasts 12 weeks while MKBM has I believe 20 programs in it. Some last six weeks, some nine, etc. There is also variety of programming types in MKBM, such as Olympic style complexes, ballistic style, some focusing on grinds, etc.

I really like MKBM and have done two of its programs but my preference is the original, as I like the structure of it and the fact there is no thinking about exercises, exercise selections and rest periods.

Frick. You guys convinced me to order it. What is Kettlebell Burn (or 2.0) like? I love Geoff's programming.

@JamesO I haven't got KB burn but I have run KB burn extreme, it's a great programme, very tough and "does what it says in the tin."
It's double KB front squat and press and then swing and clean, as with Geoffs other work it's top notch.

Thanks, @conor78. I wish Geoff had a site where you could look at everything he has available with a quick description of what the programs are and which goals they best match up with. He has so much good stuff, and I lose track of what's available.

Thanks, @conor78. I wish Geoff had a site where you could look at everything he has available with a quick description of what the programs are and which goals they best match up with. He has so much good stuff, and I lose track of what's available.

my humble 2 cents..

if you have kb strong, kb muscle, kb express, express ultra you have the "core" of geoff's programming... the rest are cool add-ons

Copied from my training log post:

Just going to throw this out for some advice.
Whilst practising my DPP and C&P I've noticed that my strength in these lifts has really dropped off since I last practised them (Due to shoulder problems I've kept away for about 6 months - focusing on dips rather than overhead press). Now I can get a few good reps out with nice form (pain free), but as my real hope for the end of the year is to run STRONG with DC&P at 32kg I probably need to practice them quite a bit more.
So I've come up with this as a potential compromise: run an alternating DC&P and DFSQ program. This might also help manage my quad fatigue from DFSQ+ leopard crawling.
So it would be:
M: A A=DFSQ 32kg B= DC&P 24kg
T :OS Resets
W :B
T : OS Resets
F :A
S : LSD cardio
S :Reset

This would extend the length of the program, but might get my press back to something decent, whilst maintaining the effects I have got with the DFSQ so far.
I will make the decision on Wednesday, as that would be my first opportunity to implement the C&P

Thanks for your input

James - quite a few of Geoff's programmes are available in the shop section of the Strong First Website with descriptions etc

Mark thank you

You go via all stage of strong before kbm
I am thinking also What's program of extreme to choose.
If i good feel during the year i'd like to do strong training than muscle building and at the end endurance( in bodybuilding reduction ) - sorry to simplify

Just got kettlebell strong and working the short program with a pair of 50lb bells. Looking for thoughts on using different weight bells for the program? I have a 70 and 75 lb.

Thanks,

ER

One more day to finish the short course with 24's doing C+P. (Looked easier on paper.) my plan is to do the conditioning phase for the next four weeks and then do the same type 8 week cycle with the DFSQ. Any suggestions about whether this is a good idea or not are appreciated. Thanks

Ps Also doing 3x5 deadlift with a moderate weight. When I switch I thought I would change to C+P to keep the groove. This is my first double bell program so I'm not sure how that will work.

Hey all,

I'm looking at getting KB Strong, but unsure if I want to get the Deluxe package or not that includes the extras. I was wondering a few things:

How in depth does Geoff go on technique? Is the book a good mix of programming and technique or is it geared more to one or the other? I am a little bit behind on the intricacies of technique with 2 bells and want something to really help me hone the skills

Without getting into specifics that give away the programs, are the 7 programs added from the "Inner circle" vastly different than what is found in the Strong and/or More KB Muscle books?

lastly, related to the above question and its a long shot, but hoping someone can help a Canadian brother out here since our dollar is so poor...anyone know of a coupon code for it?

Wespom

The instruction is not so bad but to learn technique you need a coach or what i am doing now participate in insider coaching program also with Goeff

Even for me who has gs experience i learn a lot. You record your workout and send to Goeff

- KB Strong DVD has very very detailed instruction and technique for all double KB exercises
- KB Strong book is a summary of the cues plus your training / workout plan
- Deluxe package has 2 books, MKM is a collection of double KB workouts (they can keep you busy for years)
- Confidential report contains prints of his monthly private client workouts plus nutrition for each month

Hope this helps.

@wespom9 IMO go for the basic package. Kettlebell Strong is a multi phase program with each phase running between 8-16 weeks (at 3x per week). After that you can repeat with bigger bells, change the exercise, add in One etc. It's literally years of training options and because it's multi phase- strength, hyper trophy & conditioning you shouldn't burn out.

The instruction section has loads of good cues for technique but obviously cues are not the same as feedback so to take videos or see an instructor is always useful. Geoff recommends that you take time to learn the lifts for the first few weeks before following the recommended programming. Doubles are not as forgiving as a single bell so IMO technique is more important.

The extras in the deluxe package may be nice but I think they can act as a distraction from the purpose of Strong which is to be an effective minimalist program. Get Strong and a pair of heavy bells and you're set.

Captain slow, I agree wholeheartedly with your statement. The extras are great, but imho get strong first before the "extras" to get more out of them. Like Pavel's ROP, you never really outgrow it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom