all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed My new program -thoughts?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

User 6372

Goal: Size and Strength

Grind Block (read Return of the Kettlebell to see why it is structured this way). Monday -Wednesday- Friday for two weeks

Warm up: Getup 1-2 reps
Main:
Double Clean and Press (work up to 5x5 by starting 5x1 and adding a rep every week. 5x3 on light days 5x4 on medium days ultimately.)
5 front squats at the end of every set. Starting 5x1 and adding a rep every week.
Optional finisher:OLDL

Ballistic Block M-W-F for two weeks
Monday: One hand Swings following triple progression starting with 10x5 and working up to 10x10. Goal is to add one rep per set per week.

Wednesday: Same numer of Sets but 50% of the reps with one arm snatch per set based on Monday.

Friday: Same number of Sets with 75% of the reps one arm snatch based on Monday.

Back to grind block

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also mulling whether grind should be 4 ladders of 5 and whether I should swing to 10x10 then work my snatch up to 10x10 with that weight.

Thoughts

Edit: Just read a Dan John article about realistic reps and I think 5x5 is realistic for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom