all posts post new thread

Kettlebell My S+S life.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Threads like this are an inspiration! Thank you for posting and updating it.

Life threw me a curveball and I'm looking for the courage to swing for the home run.

Threads like this are an inspiration! Thank you for posting and updating it.

Life threw me a curveball and I'm looking for the courage to swing for the home run.
Many thanks for your words, I think this forum is pretty inspirational myself, the support on here has been great. Wish you all the best of luck with whatever you are dealing with, stay strong.

Old post this, but wanted to mark a personal milestone tonight as I’ve achieved Timeless Simple!! 8 minutes on the swing and 20 minutes for the TGU, a bit of work to do to get to Simple, but I’m really pleased nevertheless.
Fab!! Keep it up!

- Early on I was doing the getups in reverse order. Not because I was trying to improve them somehow, but out of laziness. I always do them in right/left pairs and hated having to move me or the kettlebell around on the floor. But one added "bonus" is that doing the movement as a "get-down, get back up" I added a clean and press to get it overhead and then one arm floor press at the bottom of the movement. This seems to have accelerated my progress, but not without cost. I had to back it off a bit due to an old collarbone fracture. I now do a mix of regular and reverse order getups. Without training for it I found due to the reverse getups I didn't have much trouble pressing my 32KG bell after I got it.
Another similar method for TGU I've used is to start/finish on the floor, then stand up, position myself over the kettlebell and one hand deadlift, suitcase carry walk the kettlebell to the opposite side of the matt, place kettlebell down, and start the next TGU from the floor, repeat.
Basically incorporating a one hand deadlift and suitcase carry to move the kettlebell from left to right.

I've yet to try the lying 'half halo' described in the S+S book, as a method for switching sides with the kettlebell, I currently stand over the bell and hike it into the new position, however I can see how the half halo would be more efficient, just might need some practice!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom