all posts post new thread

Kettlebell My S&S Swing and heartrate

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Question to everyone,

Glycolytic training with the Long Rest recommendations is essentially glycolytic power intervals. Yes or no? Or is the difference found in the 70-90% intensity contractions in Nearmaximal power exercises?

I hope this questions makes sense. Most of my knowledge of energy systems, very little, is from Joel Jamieson. And apologies if this question as been asked in another post. If so, can you please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Al,

Thanks for the reply. I have been reading a lot to get better at programming "conditioning" and I'm pretty sure I was just overwhelming myself. Your response was a clear voice in white noise. Much appreciated.

The conditions for mitochondrial biogenesis: a fiber must spend a lot of total time in a mild acidosis. Hence traditional interval and circuit training are modified to stop the sets at the onset of mild local fatigue and to increase the rest periods to maintain the average session intensity at right below the AnT—hence the relevant HR discussions on this forum.

AGT develops exceptional endurance at a very low biological cost, with minimal fatigue and soreness.

AGT comes with WTHE—fat loss, power improvement, and some muscle hypertrophy. And the aerobic adaptations improves one's overall health (plenty of research on that).
Could you post links to those studies about glycolytic training killing the mitochondria?
Is pull-up ladder type of training considered as AGT (A+A)? Which energy systems are developed/used with PTTP routine - 2 sets of 5 with 3-5 mins of rest (A+A)?
If I used calisthenics in a S&S fashion and limited the reps to 5-10, is it gonna give similar adaptations (A+A, general endurance, android work capacity etc.)?

I don't really get where you're aiming with your post, but if you're able to swing a 28 hardstyle (max explosiveness) for 2 minutes nonstop without going over 140bpm you sure as hell stay aerobic and need to really increase the weight.

I finally saw this. Duh. 20

Mostly 24 to 32Kg, depending on mood.

I was thinking about the HR response to swings: specifically the drop and then rise after your last swing. I think I hit on the reason for it. It's the pulmonary vascular "pool".

While you're swinging, intrathoracic pressure is high, so the lungs and pulmonary tree is compressed. When you park the bell, demand instantly goes down, so the HR will drop quickly. However, compliance of the pulmonary vascular system goes up, so "preload" going to the left heart goes down. That'll decrease filling volumes and pressures until it's filled.....so the rate goes up.

Pick it back up, and that full tree gets squeezed. Preload goes way up (AND afterload), so the heart rate drops in response.

This also explains why those responses are blunted if you really walk around between sets, because that pooling and squishing are both blunted. I talked to a cardiologist and he says it all makes sense. I'd been picking his brain about it for a while

I don't think anyone but @aciampa ampa will care (if even him), but it may be of use to someone.

Attachments

• IMG_0937.PNG
    IMG_0937.PNG
    109.2 KB · Views: 19
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom