all posts post new thread

Off-Topic My second amateur MMA fight

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Excellent job @Pantrolyx!

Felt for your opponent as he was clearly out-classed by a large margin. Guy has a big heart for sure..

I like what you did incorporating both feet and hands to great effect keeping him in your power wheelhouse, distance control well executed..

Overall IMHO you're a good, relaxed and well balanced fighter, stay strong and healthy!

Excellent job @Pantrolyx!

Felt for your opponent as he was clearly out-classed by a large margin. Guy has a big heart for sure..

I like what you did incorporating both feet and hands to great effect keeping him in your power wheelhouse, distance control well executed..

Overall IMHO you're a good, relaxed and well balanced fighter, stay strong and healthy!

Thank you very much for the kind words!

Yes, my opponent showed unreal toughness in there. I could not believe how little the numerous headkicks seemed to affect him.

Thank you very much for the kind words!

Yes, my opponent showed unreal toughness in there. I could not believe how little the numerous headkicks seemed to affect him.
Seems a blow that generates some quick head spin will bobble a guy more than a straight on blow (which when it's hard enough will be lights out).
In the chaotic fight environment landing a perfect blow I suppose is the ultimate goal, but that's not the norm.. the head kicks you landed I believe had an accumulation effect..

What really impressed me is the work you did kicking the legs out from under your opponent, that bothered him greatly and set you up for higher work.. and the mix of your hand and foot work was outstanding!

At any rate I'll say again.. well done sir!

Seems a blow that generates some quick head spin will bobble a guy more than a straight on blow (which when it's hard enough will be lights out).
In the chaotic fight environment landing a perfect blow I suppose is the ultimate goal, but that's not the norm.. the head kicks you landed I believe had an accumulation effect..

What really impressed me is the work you did kicking the legs out from under your opponent, that bothered him greatly and set you up for higher work.. and the mix of your hand and foot work was outstanding!

At any rate I'll say again.. well done sir!

Thank you yet again. :)
Yes, the lowkicks felt quite accurate and on point.
Obviously, striking from a distance is my comfort zone. Uppercuts and bodypunches were kind of lacking, though, but it's always good to have something specific to improve.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom