all posts post new thread

Old Forum My Simple & Sinister Story or "Get over yourself and do it."

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@Baker: same as Marchese and Claude, with one additional suggestion. Basically, the swing and the TGU should not hurt that much, even with bad grip. I have a slightly different insight into preventing the tearing of your hands. My experience shows that posture and body balance play their role, too. If you have an imbalance in your hips, your back or your shoulders, it will make the KB wobble in your grip and cause additional friction. In my case, it was mostly a problem with my shoulders, and with my left hip. Anyway, if your hands look as bad as you describe it, you will need at least one week of rest from the KB, maybe even two weeks. There is no point in restarting until your hands are really healed. You can devote that time to correcting your posture.

Thanks, Krzysztof. I have reached out to Senior SFG Lance Coffel for some individual coaching. I'll report back at the end of July.

Baker, thank you for your post. I myself am on a continuous path with S&S, but am guilty of "overthinking" things quite frequently (e.g should I add push-ups or pull-ups between sets?)...

S&S should stand for "Slow & Steady"!

Friends:

I had my first coaching session with Senior SFG Lance Coffel yesterday. I am kicking myself for not doing this years ago. I definitley walked out stronger (and smarter) than I went in, and I am eager to practice (practice and practice some more) what I learned and go back for more next week.

If you are serious about kettlebells and mastering the movements, you need to hook up with an SFG in your area. I can't promise that they'll be as good as Lance, but I guarantee you will be glad you did. Seminars are great, but they are no substitute for one on one coaching.

For those still interestedI'll give you an idea, here are just a few corrections that we are working on:

TGU - I am forgetting to engage my lats when I am setting up. After the reverse lunge, I am "bending" to put my hand on the floor, and not "hinging". As a result, I am losing my line, stability and power.

Swings - Start position - this is just like the center's stance in football. You "snap" the bell back, then rise as you snap the hips. I played the OL from Pop Warner through junior high, so it's easy for me to visualize the same postion as snapping the ball and preparing to engage a defender - BRILLIANT cues that my body somehow remembers. Also, I have been leaning back at the top of the swing, which has resulted in some serious pain/tightness in my g. medius.

Watch out Simple & Sinister goals...there is no stopping me now.

Jason Paul, my hands thank you.
Concentrated on using the hook grip with practice last two days.
My grip was smoked but the calluses didn't get pinched.
The grip will eventually get stronger.
Calluses were preventing me from fishing my sets.
This is why I love this forum.
Thanks,
-Al S.

Lance was my instructor at my SFG cert and he was awesome! Not only an incredibly good instructor but an all around good guy. You're very luck to have him.

Simple goals were met yesterday. It wasn't even close. Good Coaching is everything.

It is on the the ROP for me for 13 weeks (easy strength style BB squats and TGU for variety) then back to the Sinister goals in November.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom