all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB My solution to the high cost of buying all the kettlebells you need.

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@Timothy Friel It's live as of now. The campaign is set for 21 days. You can access it at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1415487472/betweenbells-universal-kettlebell-attachment. The "at cost" offer for the forum's members are found in the "early adopters" versions of the BetweenBells.

I will make a more detailed post tagging everyone who expressed interest tomorrow. I thank you all for your patience. If you want to help, please share this project with your friends on Facebook. You can make a post from the Share button on the Kickstarter page, or use my facebook page @Betweenbellsattachment (Betweenbells).

@Steve Freides @Anna C @MikeTheBear @Questionfear @Abdul Rasheed @Leesburgking @damogari @Kettlebelephant @Glen @Mark Limbaga @Norcoaster @Warrior_Scientist

OK. For those who did not it yet, the Kickstarter for the BetweenBells just went live and will be running for 3 weeks. When it's done, Kickstarter will transfer the money in my account, and I will then order all the material and ship everything. Here are a few notes.

1 - We were discussing the 2kg version at a smaller cost but after talking with the machine shop, they said that most of the cost is not in the raw materials, but in the machining and setup. So, the 2kg version is surprisingly the same price as the 4kg version. I would understand if nobody orders it. However, think how much buying those 18, 22 and 26kg would cost if you really need them. Maybe the 2kg is still a bargain.

2 - For potential backers outside of Canada and the US, if you are interested, contact me. I will try to arrange something for shipping. I did not enter any shipping possibility outside of North America as I don't expect to get many backers who are outside of that continent. Setting up the shipping costs would have been really long for probably no result. However, if you contact me through the board, I will make sure that you can get one if you want one.

3 - There should be enough "early adopter" packages for everyone who expressed an interest on the board. The "early adopters" packages are at cost. If I get interest from other people, I will try to make a small profit. If anyone who "pre-ordered" cannot get the at cost price, please contact me and I will arrange something.

4 - I am trying to offer this to the kettlebell users community at large. If you can share the kickstarter and the Facebook page, that would really help. You can make a post from the Share button on the Kickstarter page, or use my Facebook page @Betweenbellsattachment ( Betweenbells).

Thank you all for your support.

Ordered, and posted to Facebook!

We are more than half way there, but I need a few more orders to get going. The campaign ends in 9 days. If you were interested 2 months ago but are now hesitating, don't hesitate to post any questions you may have here!

Sadly, it looks like this will not happen. I have been stuck at the same level on the Kickstarter for the last 10 days. For those who are interested, you can PM me and I can send you technical drawings, so that you can have the weight machined locally, and the parts number and web site to order the straps.

I thank you all for your support.

I am not totally giving up on this though as the high price of the item may have been a major issue for many. I will try to see how much it would cost to have it cast instead of machined. The molds will be expensive, but I may get more buyers at a smaller price and make it up on volume. Also, the attachment method is a bit rough and a redesign may be needed. I think the idea is sound, but the implementation should be reconsidered.

Do you want to give it another week and post a notice in the Kettlebell forum with a link to this thread?

-S-

@Steve Freides Unfortunately Kickstarter doesn't allow you to change the funding duration once the project has launched. I would have to start anew. In any case, it's been live for 3 weeks now and I stand by my conclusion above: not user friendly enough and way too expensive. This would appeal only to really hardcore kettlebell users who, somehow, don't have the intermediate kettlebells. That's a small group. As I said, I'm not giving up on the project, but have to rethink it. I love doing this kind of stuff anyways. The present version was something like the 3rd or 4th iteration. As soon as I have a bit of free time I will try a redesign and see if I can get it manufactured cheaper and retry a Kickstarter.

Alright. Personally, I was waiting for all the "early adopter" ones to get used up, just trying to be nice about that since it was a little less expensive, but I don't think, based on what you've said, my one more order would make a difference, anyway.

-S-

I would be interested as well. I have a set of singles but this would eliminate the need buy more KBs to do double swings C&P etc.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom