all posts post new thread

Off-Topic N York things to do

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

conor78

Level 6 Valued Member
I spent a few summer's in the states when I was a student,(nearly 20 years ago now) most NJ and New York. Planning to head to New York in April May for a few days. Probably going to do the usual tourist trail things and I have a few mates who live in Queens so I'll spend a bit of time down there. Always wanted to visit Montauk. Is it worth the effort? Anything else I should look at doing?
P.s no kettlebells will be swung during this trip
Thanks

Montauk Point was a great place years ago--now its become too commercial.However,if you like to fish or always wanted to go deep sea fishing,its still a good place for that.

Astoria,queens has some great Greek restaurants.

In Manhattan- terrific museums--Museum of Natural history--next store is the Hayden Planetarium; NY Metropolitan Museum of Art has great exhibits;Central Park is always nice--the first two museums I mentioned are adjacent to the park. World class restaurants;Empire State building is worth a visit--but take the steps.

Hope this helps--enjoy your trip.

Never been to Montauk but I wouldn't plan on having a beach day in the Northeast U.S. in April or May. Unless you mean you just want to see it.

Other stuff you could do: Yankees or Mets baseball game (Mets are in Queens), Statue of Liberty, World Trade Center Museum.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom