all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Naked Quick and the Dead?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@Harald Motz is there any benefit(s) and/or reason(s) why you don't go to full squat depth on your jumps? Does it help keep the power AND pace up as compared to a full depth squat jump which would be a touch slower because you're moving through a larger range of motion?

For max power production/jump height a kind of quarter jump is all it takes. So yes to keep power and pace. In hindsight of the intention of q&d would be a preferable option.

But full depth jumps can be done too.

For max power production/jump height a kind of quarter jump is all it takes. So yes to keep power and pace. In hindsight of the intention of q&d would be a preferable option.

But full depth jumps can be done too.

Right on, thanks for the response.

Hello,

I remember a podcast with Zach Even Esh, where he states that we can not go wrong with short sprint intervals and push ups

Kind regards,

Pet'

I like to sprint in outdoor stairs. They are quite fun. They feel safe. Never had a injury caused by this activity. You can mix it up with running every step, every other step, every third step etc. Jumping with feet together.

Personally I am just super careful with my knees and my ankles. When you are young you can do anything with your knees, but one time you will be 60-70 and then you might belong to that group with fragile knees, and these knees will cause you quite some pain if you beat them up heavily in your younger days.

The other benefits of stair sprint is that it demands very little technique. And the impact is also less, provided you walk down the stairs instead of running down the stairs.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom