all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Naked warrior effect

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Hello,

@305pelusa
From the researches I did on costochondritis, one of the most efficient and "non-medical and non -invasive" way is core stretching (twist hold, bridge, etc...) and progressive lats training (floor wiper, lateral plank, etc...). These are only some ideas.

Otherwise, some natural anti-inflamation : combination of turmeric and black pepper.

@Tarzan
I thing suspension ring can also serve you well in that case.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Maybe little off topic but... What about adding s&s style swings to our daily nw routine?

@malleus, I'm convinced that doing S&S style swings before a strength routine can be effective. Exactly how best to mix the two requires some experimentation, and I like to take a long break after swings and before anything else, e.g., if I am strength training in the afternoon, I'll do swings in the morning.

-S-

Hello,

@malleus
In NW FAQ Pavel advises to add a big pull as deadlifts or heavy swings. That is what I currently do. It works very well. i use weighted pistols instead of bdw ones.

Swings are always a good option.

Kind regards,

Pet'

@malleus

I would also add that the KB Snatch is an excellent option for a big pull with the NW program, if you are competent and confident with the movement. I am currently doing NW + KB Snatches with great results; the Snatch seems to balance out the OAPU as well as the Pistol. For reference, the Chief recommends several options for big pulls on pgs. 185 and 187 of NW.

v/r
Jon

I've been re-reading the naked warrior over the festive period. Bodyweight exercise is something that I have never really approached using SF principles. That was probably due to enduring years of pushups and crunches whilst playing competitive sport. Anyhow, I've been playing about with some of the basic progressions with the pistol and one arm push up. I did 5 sets 3 of each. I did some of the stretches that K Smith recommends to help with the pistol and I need to keep using these. Afterwards I felt pretty fried and fell asleep on the couch.Do pistol and OAPU tax the cns? I feel a similar senation after heavy deadlifts.

I can't really use a GTG method with these during the day but I want to incorporate them some where into my routine.

Pistol and OAPU absolutely can tax the cns, many people are surprised by how much so when they attend our SFB course and /or Certification. The best way to keep from frying yourself and needing to sleep after each sessions is to program a medium/light/heavy day... use a progression of each of the skills to change the load from day to day. Over time your body will adjust and not experience so much fatigue. I would do these first when fresh and then add your lighter swings and/or snatching at the end.

Afterwards I felt pretty fried and fell asleep on the couch.Do pistol and OAPU tax the cns?

Absolutely.

Advanced calisthenics and high-tension techniques turn things up to "11." If you stay there long enough, you'll feel it.

@conor78
My son also works as a teacher for third grade kids, so they still have recess. He goes out to the playground with them and will do pistols and pull ups and lateral flags on the monkey bars.

As an ex-teacher that's exactly what I do nowadays if I went back to the profession:) fun, good role modelling and strength training - beautiful!

Good on your son, the kids have a rare and valuable teacher in him

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom