all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Neck Development

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Matt L

Level 2 Valued Member
Hello Friends,

This question is both aesthetic and performance related. Will kettlebell lifts like the Clean and Press, Bent press...well pressing in general, help develop a muscular/defined neck? Or do I need to address it directly by performing neck bridges or plate loaded neck extensions?

I raised this question since after a day of clean and pressing, and bent pressing, I feel as if I have a neck "pump". Or is this just neck strain and I'm just fooling myself that im working my neck by this sensation?

Thank you everyone! :)

Nah, I'd say you need direct neck work if you want a truly strong neck. Neck bridges, done properly, does wonders for preventing tight and painful necks and backs too. It is certainly one exercise that I never leave out for long periods of time.

Nah, I'd say you need direct neck work if you want a truly strong neck. Neck bridges, done properly, does wonders for preventing tight and painful necks and backs too. It is certainly one exercise that I never leave out for long periods of time.

Time to go back to doing neck bridges hahaha! Just difficult to do with long hair that I dont want to cut anytime soon haha

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom