all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Need Advice

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Oso Rojo

Level 5 Valued Member
I'm a 57 year old male closing in on the Simple part of S&S. I'm swinging 32kg and getting up with 24kg. Last Monday I tore a tendon in my knee and the doctor gave me a 4 - 6 week sentence.

I'm looking to see what I can do rather than focus on the can't. I think I may be able to start swings again this week, I'll try tomorrow the knee brace and lighter weight. I'd like to find something to do in the second half of my workout. Getups are clearly off the table for now.

Any suggestion for a movement to replace the get ups for now that doesn't require knee torsion?

Thanks,
Bernie

Maybe do the TGU up to the half kneeling position then go back down. Or try unweighted TGU’s. Whatever you decide listen to your body. It’ll let you know where the limit is. I wouldn’t push it and would even be hesitant to do swings this soon....especially with a 32kg.

I like the suggestions, thank you! I think I'll try the floor pressing. I'd like to work towards doing pull ups, but the coming down part is a bit risky for now.

Thank you folk!.

Bernie

I'd like to work towards doing pull ups, but the coming down part is a bit risky for now.
Maybe not worth the trouble but if you can set up a lower pull up bar (could hang rings or handles from existing bar) so you can grab it while standing solidly on the ground, you could then just lift feet, pull away, then put feet back down; no jarring, no impact. I have a door frame bar so that's what I have and I just do a very partial hanging leg raise and hold that while I do them

You could also consider some presses, bottom up included to keep grooving the overhead position. Even seated if standing would not feel safe yet.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom