all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB Need help in choosing my next KB (jump to 32KG). Anyone try Kettlebellkings?

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

gorenut

Level 1 Valued Member
So now I've decided to get a 32KG KB to continue my Simple and Sinister program. I've done some research on what I want in terms of price and quality.. but still having trouble deciding. Here are some I've run into:
32 KG Powder Coat Kettlebell
MDUSA Kettlebell KG
MDUSA Competition Kettlebells KG

Essentially one on the list is a Competition style KB and the other two are traditional cast iron with one possessing powder-coating.

I've only owned traditional cast-iron KBs so far.. so the Competition style would be different than what I've owned. I think all 3 I posted are negligible in price differences.. essentially would it be worth spending an extra few bucks for powder coating vs the unnamed coating that Muscle Driver uses.. or is the comp shape and having steel worth the little extra over powder coating. From my understanding, at this weight.. the size difference between cast iron and comp is negligible as well.. so I guess it comes down to which handle/shape is better for one-armed swings and turkish get-ups.

Thanks in advance for any input

I just got a Rogue 32kg yesterday. I love the handle because I don't use chalk, it's nice and gritty.

Purchased Tuesday, received Friday morning. $85 + $25 shipping. Will buy more from them in the future.

I know it's not on your list but figured you would like to know.

Rogue is by far the most economic/quality you can get . I looked at several and at $150 plus shipping for other brands I think you will be happy with the rogue bell just buy a sheet of sand paper too . Good luck!

+3 for Rogue. I have a couple of 1 fit wonder bells I like as well, pretty similar design, but the finish is a bit more slippery

Another Rogue fan. I like the texture on the grip.

I have a 20 kg competition 'bell that I really don't like for TGU's. The center of gravity is off just a bit. This won't be much of a factor with 32 kg though as the competition one is not too much larger than a 32 kg standard 'bell.

Also FYI MDUSA is/has gone out of business so you may want to look at other brands anyway especially if you want to get matching pairs later.

32kg (70lb) KB by Rogue is prices at $84.50, USD. MDUSA Bell is $99.99.

I've found the grip on my Rogue KB's to be perfect for normal volume swings and TGUs. For higher volume, particularly snatches, it's a bit much. YMMV. When I needed to, I touched mine up with some 220 grit (just a bit to smooth it out but leave some bite) and they are perfect.

I also like the Ader bells, although many complain the finish is too smooth.

Wanted to get a rogue 48kg bell but unfortunately the europe division doesnt stock them and getting it shipped from the states made it double the price of three different ones I can get over here in the UK.

Is the quality of Rogue worth the expenditure or is Rogues benefit its quality but moderate cost for those in the states?

Anyone know where you can get 48kg bells from in Britain as they are quite hard to come by

Guess I might go with Rogue.. but I'm curious if anyone has tried Kettlebell Kings. They seem highly recommended.. but at the same time, I've seen some threads about them not being able to fulfill orders (but most of these complaints are like 2 or 3 years old).

Guess I might go with Rogue.. but I'm curious if anyone has tried Kettlebell Kings. They seem highly recommended.. but at the same time, I've seen some threads about them not being able to fulfill orders (but most of these complaints are like 2 or 3 years old).

If KK is what you want just buy it. Ask them first if they can fulfill the order right away.

If they can't or tell you they can and don't, cancel the order and go with Rogue.

I have Kettlebells USA and Eleiko comp bells. Both are good choices but the first one gets you more for the buck. They are from the Paradigm Pro Elite series and I really like them.

My next buy will be Eleiko though.

@gorenut After some research is appears that there was a guy Bert who was "the kettlebell king" who ran a terrible operation and is not tied to Kettlebell Kings.

Kettlebell Kings is phenomenal, they're the must go to!

Customer service is premium, they also don't charge ship. The bells qualities are strong

@MattM @Moc Thanks for the input. Seems like what you two say are correct. On r/kettlebell another gent told me how he just recently put in an order from Kettlebellkings and received his order in a timely fashion with excellent shipping/packaging.

Second the kettlebell USA recommendation.I like the feel of the competition bell for both swings and get ups.I'm in the minority but I didnt like the grip at all on the Rogue 32kg.If anyone is in the Tampa,FL area and is looking for this and others,send me an email to my box.

Just as an update, I went ahead and purchased from Kettlebell Kings. The KB was top notch and shopping took maybe 5 days, packed very securely. Exceeded my expectations

Afternoon,

I was just wondering how you are liking the kettlebell Kings Kb? Have you used a rogue bell before. I'm asking because I'm in the market for a new kb. I've used a rogue and don't really like the grip as its too grippy for my taste. I currently have dragondoor bells. Is the Kings bell handle smoother than a rogue in your opinion? Thanks in advance.

John

you can always sand/file the rogue handle to make it smoother if the rogue is cheaper

Afternoon,

I was just wondering how you are liking the kettlebell Kings Kb? Have you used a rogue bell before. I'm asking because I'm in the market for a new kb. I've used a rogue and don't really like the grip as its too grippy for my taste. I currently have dragondoor bells. Is the Kings bell handle smoother than a rogue in your opinion? Thanks in advance.

John
It's awesome. I am definitely going to get another one from them when I jump up to 40KG. Very high quality and definitely some of the best iron ones I've handled. If you contact them, they will often give you a discount code. It's only like 5%, but still something.

you can always sand/file the rogue handle to make it smoother if the rogue is cheaper

When I was doing comparisons, Rogue was probably my top runner-up. I took a chance with Kettlebell Kings and glad I did. It was cheaper than the Rogue and quality is at least on par. The reason why I was initially hesitant is because there was another seller that had a similar name (might have been Kettlebell King, singular) and apparently he ripped off/couldn't fulfill orders. This place is a professional place that sent my KB with secure packaging and fast shipping. Even though I'm not a crossfitter, it was recommended to me by one (apparently it's popular in that community since they offer an array of comp bells at awesome prices).

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom