all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB Need help in choosing my next KB (jump to 32KG). Anyone try Kettlebellkings?

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
The reason why I was initially hesitant is because there was another seller that had a similar name (might have been Kettlebell King, singular) and apparently he ripped off/couldn't fulfill orders.
Where did you order your Kettlebell Kings from? I have been looking at some on Amazon that seem fairly well priced...and shipping is cheaper than the Rogues. Thx

Where did you order your Kettlebell Kings from? I have been looking at some on Amazon that seem fairly well priced...and shipping is cheaper than the Rogues. Thx

There are definitely some good deals on Amazon, especially when you're purchasing something closer to the 16KG weight. I have noticed a lot of them start going too high for shipping on the higher weight ones. With some of the Amazon ones, I'd be careful for the larger ones because a buddy of mine purchased one (forgot which brand) that had pits near the handle due to it not being gravity and single casted. He returned it immediately because he didn't want to risk injury due to it breaking on him.

I purchased mine at kettlebellkings.com and got the powder coated.

Tha
It's awesome. I am definitely going to get another one from them when I jump up to 40KG. Very high quality and definitely some of the best iron ones I've handled. If you contact them, they will often give you a discount code. It's only like 5%, but still something.

When I was doing comparisons, Rogue was probably my top runner-up. I took a chance with Kettlebell Kings and glad I did. It was cheaper than the Rogue and quality is at least on par. The reason why I was initially hesitant is because there was another seller that had a similar name (might have been Kettlebell King, singular) and apparently he ripped off/couldn't fulfill orders. This place is a professional place that sent my KB with secure packaging and fast shipping. Even though I'm not a crossfitter, it was recommended to me by one (apparently it's popular in that community since they offer an array of comp bells at awesome prices).
Thanks for the reply. I think I'll try one out.

From my understanding, at this weight.. the size difference between cast iron and comp is negligible as well.. so I guess it comes down to which handle/shape is better for one-armed swings and turkish get-ups.
Hi I am new to SF this is my first post. I am at the same stage in s&s as above , having to choose bw a cheaper cast iron kb vs a more expensive competition KB ( 32 kg ).The competition shape and handles make me wonder if they will be comfortabe for T GU's and whether the handle space and thickness will be comfortable for one armed swings.
Any help will be welcome.

My experience is limited here, but I have two Rogue bells (12KG and 16KG) which I found a bit rough initially - about two weeks ago I'd read that the Kettlebell Kings bells were at least the same quality as the Rogue bells - but a touch smoother. So I ordered the 20KG from KK via Amazon. As an aside, the prices at the time of order between KK bell and the Rogue bell were within a couple dollars of each other. Even though it said it would take 7-10 days to ship, it arrived in 2 days. I was very pleased with new bell. We'll see how it holds up over time - but I would say based on looks - the KK bell is a hair nicer than the Rogue bell. As far as the texture - it is definitely smoother than the Rogue bell.

However, now that I've been using the Rogue bells for a month and the KK bell for a week and half - I'd say that I've "adjusted" to the texture of the Rogue bells and do not need chalk - I almost never feel like they need it. Can't say the same for the KK bell. After a few sets of swings and the sweating starts, I need the chalk. On presses and TGUs - I don't even try without hitting it with a little chalk. I've yet to try many other KB movements, so I'll keep an open mind on the KK bells - maybe their smoothness will be an advantage when I try something beyond S&S and the odd press.

+++ For the Rogue bells. I have 2 16's, 2 24's, and 1 32 from them and thus far that are holding up great to mainly outdoor use. They do a great job with their powder coat finish on the handle to never need chalk to prevent slipping.

I just got my first KettlebellKings bell a few weeks ago.

The price was right for a 36kg.
-Not as uncomfortable as my CAP bells for GUs, but not as well fitting as my CFF 40kg.
-Powder coat felt great for snatches.... For the first session. Now it feels smoother on the handle than the bell. Not my favorite feature.
-Handle is not immense like my CFF, so grip is not an issue
-Not a huge bell for the weight
-Shipped free from Amazon with prime, all the way to Chile. =]
-Has both lbs and kg for ease of conversion
-Has color coded bands on the handle (so you can find it faster...???)

That said, CAP bells are by far the cheapest and they can take a beating. Handle spacing is just a bit too close to the bell for ME when doing GUs, but as Mr. Freides says, YMMV.
A buddy of mine once suggested going to somewhere that has a few different bells and test driving them to see which ones fit. A couple thousand swings into it is a bit late for buyer's remorse.

I think at the end of the day, Your hands, Your wrists, Your Biomechanical movement patterns, and Your wallet will determine which bell is right for you.

A buddy of mine once suggested going to somewhere that has a few different bells and test driving them to see which ones fit. A couple thousand swings into it is a bit late for buyer's remorse.
Sell it to someone local - whatever you lose between purchase and sale price was worth the learning and the training you got done with it, IMHO.

JMO.

-S-

Sell it to someone local - whatever you lose between purchase and sale price was worth the learning and the training you got done with it, IMHO.

JMO.

-S-
Sir,

I was simply generalizing. I am more than happy with all my bells; odd shape or bad fit, they are all useful for something. I have learned from being here at SF that every bell has a purpose; some for refinement, some for training, some for spice, some as the main dish, some as a return to basics, and some as a goal for the future.

I do appreciate your opinion, though. =]

Thank you, Miguel. Indeed, we have everything from 4 kg to 48 kg here, most of them in at least quantity of 2, and they all do get used.

-S-

For cast iron bells my personal favorites in order have been
Rogue and Kettlebells USA

For the quality and dollar you spend they really can't be beat

On Black Friday, Rogue had a special going, where when you ordered 5 items, the shipping was $5. So, I took the plunge and bought 5 kettlebells (12/16/20/24/32 KG) from Rogue. The handles are perfect for me, in both texture & size. The 32kg kettlebell is quite the beast to me, as this is the largest kettlebell I have encountered to date. I ordered them on Sunday, & I had them by Wednesday. If I had not ordered them then, I would have gotten three kettlebells, at about the same price after s/h.

Thanks for posting this thread. Because of the reviews here for Kettlebell Kings, my first kettlebell was good quality and within my price range. I have several of their kettlebells now (6kg - 16kg) and so does my ex (who was suffering with a cheap set he found god knows where), and they're great. They are smooth but grippy enough, and I have not had problems either with my hands slipping (I haven't used chalk) or with any rough spots.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom