all posts post new thread

Barbell Need help with PTTP program

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

RollTideRoll

Level 4 Valued Member
I am new to this forum and just purchased Power to the people. I am confused on the cycling. If one of the lifts stalls before the other before the cycle is over what do I need to do for that lift?

Like if my press gets down to 2 or 3 reps and my deadlifts are still pushing 5 reps. What do I do for the press during the cycle?

@RollTideRoll, I don't have my copy of PTTP handy but, if memory serves, Pavel says to just cycle each lift separately if you need to.

-S-

Ok,thanks Steve. So would I just take a few days off of pressing and continue with the deadlift until it gets down to 2-3 reps?

Cycle each lift as you would if it were the only lift you were doing, whatever that is. You could start your second press cycle while you're still finishing your first deadlift cycle. There is actually a lot of good that can come from cycling this way since you won't be working with the heaviest weights on both lifts at the same time except if it happens by coincidence once in a while - I think that's better for your overall progress on both lifts. The only time it wouldn't be appropriate would be if you had a meet or a test coming and had to have both ready on a specific date.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom