all posts post new thread

Nutrition Need some advice pls...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Your fat loss is a function of energy balance

As silversaw noted, the primary reason for a gain or loss in body weight is dependent if you are consuming more calories that you are burning or less calories than you are burning.

WHIPPED CREAM. then throw some berries in it.

Whipped Cream

As IMayAgain... states, Whipped Cream with berries is a great treat. I usully add some type of artificial sweetener to it.

One of my favorite treats is a...

Ketogenic Milk Shake.

1) 2 oz of Whipped Cream

2) Tablespoon of Spenda

3) 1 Egg

4) 12 grams of Protein Powder

5) Around 110 gram of ice.

Great taste.

Nutrition: Content

1) 26 gram of Fat

2) 18 gram of Protein

3) Maybe 2 grams of Carbohydrate

Last edited:
From Thibaudeau this morning:

You should not disregard carbs/fats ratios or the quality of the foods you eat.

Nutrients can have impacts on how you feel, sleep or even respond to stress.For example, carbohydrates are a lot more effective than fats and proteins to lower cortisol as well as adrenaline (cortisol leads to an increase in adrenaline by increasing the conversion of noradrenaline)

Thibaudeau

Thibaudeau is one of my favorites. At one time he was more of an advocate of higher fat diets.

Now he jumped the track and is pushing higher carbohydrate intake; which is fine.

However, some of the information overblown...

Cortisol Hype

Cortisol in the world of training is considered as evil and to be avoid at all cost.

Cortisol production is necessary for health and fitness.

Cortisol: The Good News, The Bad News...

Cortisol gets a bad rap. It's blamed for anxiety, high blood pressure, stroke—you name it. But having a better understanding of this hormone's function helps people realize that balancing this hormone—not eliminating it—is key to healthy living.

What Is Cortisol

Cortisol can help control blood sugar levels, regulate metabolism, help reduce inflammation, and assist with memory formulation.

Cortisol is instrumental in triggering the body to utilize body fat during exercise.

With that said, ...

1) Acute Short Term Elevation of Cortisol is usually a good thing.

2) Chronic Long Term Elevation of Cortisol isn't good; it produces multiple heath issues.

The same can be said about Insulin.

Thus, as one of the articles that I posted above mentions, one of the keys is balancing cortisol; insulin, as well.

Also, one of the keys is manipulating it is...

Intermittent Fasting

During Intermittent Fasting, Cortilsol Levels increase as does nor-epinephrine and epinephrine, growth hormone and glucagon.

These hormones prompt an increse in Lypolysis; fat burning.

As research has determined, in a Fasted State (up to 72 hours) the body burns a greater pecentage of body fat, while preserving muscle mass.

The Take Home Message

1) Most training fears regarding Cortisol is incorrect, hyped information.

2) Chronic Long Term Cortisol is an issue.

a) Chronic Cortisol Levels can be a genetic issue.

b) Chronic Cortisol Levels for many who train usually occurs with overly ambitious individuals who push their training to hard and too long. This is usuially due to a lack of knowledge on how to train.

With that said, let look something else that is misunderstood and feared...

Inflammation

Many individuals have been programmed to live in fear of Inflammation.

They take mesures to shut it down after training session in various ways.

Research has demonstrated that Inflammation is part of the healing process.

Individuals who restrict or shut it down, take longer to heal.

Thus, like Cortisol...

1) Acute Short Term Inflammation is a good thing; part of the healing process.

2) Chronic Long Term Inflammation isn't good. It produces long term health issues.

Last edited:
Is offwidth a troll? Just wondering since that was a confusing reply. I was under the impression I should do only meats. The only reason I ate the avocados was to help me go. Well since i started last monday....i did not go for 3 days. So yes I did take some magnesium and man i think i took too much.....lol.

So i guessing its ok to just use magnesium?

Would an avocado a day hurt my weight loss that bad?

thank u!!

I have never had to tell anyone to stop eating avocados because that is what was causing their fat percentage to increase. Offwidth is not a troll. Magnesium, in its many forms , is an important mineral/supplement. It is not a good idea to use magnesium citrate consistently as a laxative.

Is offwidth a troll? Just wondering since that was a confusing reply. I was under the impression I should do only meats. The only reason I ate the avocados was to help me go. Well since i started last monday....i did not go for 3 days. So yes I did take some magnesium and man i think i took too much.....lol.

thank u!!
Don’t necessarily marry yourself to the carnivore label. Probably what your goals are in line with are just eating lower carb real food and a “meat based” diet. Lots of people on “carnivore” eat cheese and eggs a lot too.
It’s a very individual thing but I think for most people doing a carnivore/keto/paleo thing will all get similar results. On strict carnivore I think a lot of people just tend to eat less calories overall because over eating meat consistently enough to get fatter, while possible, seems hard for most people to do.
Guess it all depends on your reasoning for wanting to do carnivore but I’d say maybe try Keto and see how that shakes out for you. There’s all sorts of reasons this or that will help you lose weight but I think limiting carbs and making sure you get enough protein from meat is a good start assuming you stay under your daily caloric maintainence. But that’s just me...
I’d shoot for getting your daily protein amount in with the meat/eggs. And if you want to eat some veggies or whatever it’s probably not going to hurt you unless you have some bad digestive issues. Just keep your carbs under 20g. To start.
Also. About the bathroom stuff. It’s VERY common to go less on a carnivore diet.

I think a good bit people doing a strict carnivore (and I’m speaking from experience) have some mild version of an eating disorder and the crazy extreme limitations help them because they have rules and boundaries and it’s easier to stick to because if there’s any wiggle room they’ll go off the rails. I know that’s how I’ve been in the past. Hope some of this helped.

thank u!!
No, OffWidth isn't a Troll! He mentioned a balanced diet because if avocado was helping you than maybe a bit less extreme diet and a more well rounded approach might be best. You can do Keto with plenty of non-starchy veggies, like say avocado. Carnivore is fine if your body is ok with it, yours just might not be.

No, he is a very pragmatic and helpful guy.

In the scheme of things there isn't really anything all that special about any specific diet be it carnivore, keto, WFPB, Paleo, etc. If you are overweight, 95% of the health benefits commonly attributed to specific diets should be attributed to just a reduction in fat tissue. That is everything from blood markers, heart risk factors, insulin sensitivity, type 2 diabetes reversal, etc.

If your diet is causing you pain and you are struggling to keep on it, it is better to adjust your diet and have higher compliance than it is to just be on/off with it. Longer term it is more important to eat in a sustainable way than it is to be in ketosis, carnivorisis, cavemantosis, or having vegan powers (insert scott pilgrim image here).

Are there some specific benefits to those diets that don't exist elsewhere? possibly...kinda... a bit... But don't step over dollars to pick up pennies as they say. it is more important to not be constipated than to stick to an arbitrary diet. It is more important to have a healthy weight than to be fat adapted.

Basically if avocado helps you poop, eat it. It is good for you. Personally, I would avoid taking laxatives when food works. But that is more of a personal value decision than anything else.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom