all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Need Some Ideas...

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Nathan

Level 4 Valued Member
So I have this trap bar / rickshaw that has somewhat small handles. I do not want to make them 2" grips, but I would like to maybe bring the thickness up to about 1 1/4". Does anyone know of any easy fixes for this aside from wrapping the bars in a lot of grip tape? Thanks!

Rickshaw?

Just use Fat Grips. They will be more benificial than anything else in this application. I taped them with athletic tape. I had to fight the rotation of the Grips on the 25mm bar which forced me to crush them as hard as possible. The thumb works hard as a brake also. I liked this implement a lot. I did Stiff Leg Deadlifts with this setup.

28345D77-88D2-4DA7-9683-B6332B2C282F.jpeg

For a slight increase in diameter build it up with tape is your best option. The easiest option is often best.

@Geoff Chafe - My rickshaw is a squared off trap bar where one side is open. I do own fat gripz, but wasnt looking to do that because itll drop the amount of weight I am moving right now. However, it may become an option at some point.

A few sets with fat Grip on ramp up and/or back off work. Hit your heavy 1-5 then drop down for a few thick grip sets.

Use thick bar for 2-3 warmup sets and remove, slide them out of the way, for work sets.

Or just build up tape for a thicker grip.

@MattM - Mine is somewhat like that, makes it hard on the fingers and causes more callouses due to the smaller diameter.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom