all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Need to lose weight & get back into shape

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

A.J.

First Post
I am trying to find a good beginner workout plan that utilizes kettlebell & barbell 5x5. I have gotten overweight over the years I used to workout but never really had a plan to follow but that was when I was younger when losing and adding muscle was not a problem. I have just recently started the primal blueprint lifestyle and would like to incorporate a good workout plan in addition to the one recommended from the primal blueprint which is pushups, squats, planks, pull ups (which I have a very hard time doing) and sprints (once a week). I am 5'11 260lb and I do have a larger frame especially upper body area I am kinda build like Daniel Cormier. Any advice or recommended plans would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

We must be twins.
I started at the same weight.
I'm 5 11.

I began walking and cycling alternating days.
At 260, body weight exercises might be more frustration than benefit.
They were for me.
So I tooled around but nothing strict.
ThenI found Strong First.
Lurked on the forum, read the articles bought Naked Warrior,S and S BOOKS.

In terms of programs
I've began the Simple and Sinister protocol...and I've dropped weight but also it's made a huge difference in how I feel and my strength.
I've added Bent Press cuz it works for me.

June would be the end of my first timetable benchmark period of S and S.
Which would give me the time to burn off the easy weight, and create a foundation of strength..(muscular,joint,mental) increase the KB weight and to begin body weight and maybe weights.
If necessary

Starting with the S and S gave me time to figure what's working for me ,tweak it and get the habit of activity in place.
Track your daily PRACTICE....pencil and paper.

I've lost weight,(still 5 11 tho) feel good, and I have direction in my practice plan.

Take your time..and good luck

@A.J., welcome aboard. Start with a thorough physical exam, follow with an FMS movement screen, and assuming no one tells you otherwise, start S&S.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom