all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Neurological Adaptation Question

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

IMayAgainKnowChris

Level 5 Valued Member
Anyone have a good article/reference on what exactly neurological adaptation is in regards to exercise. I’m sort of confused as to whether it’s the body physically getting used to a movement or if it’s a brain/body connection.
Noticing that some days I have way better form than other days (only 3 months into S and S). I can use cues and be very mindful of my hinge/explosiveness/packed shoulders but sometimes it feels like focusing on one makes another aspect go completely bust every so often...

Anyone have a good article/reference on what exactly neurological adaptation is in regards to exercise. I’m sort of confused as to whether it’s the body physically getting used to a movement or if it’s a brain/body connection.
Noticing that some days I have way better form than other days (only 3 months into S and S). I can use cues and be very mindful of my hinge/explosiveness/packed shoulders but sometimes it feels like focusing on one makes another aspect go completely bust every so often...
It’s like learning to play the piano, only heavier. Your nerves control your muscles so there is no having one be involved without the other.

Learning how to practice is a skill of and unto itself, besides the skill you’re trying to practice.

-S-

but sometimes it feels like focusing on one makes another aspect go completely bust every so often...
When every aspect is ok separately, but something is wrong putting it together, you just work each component up to unconscious automatism one by one. It's ok to practice a week of light swings focusing only on the full range hinge, than adding a week of packed shoulders, than week of full standing plank, and than explosiveness. I say "week", but it's an X period needed for one's neurological adaptation to certain task. Adapting to a couple of tasks simultaneously can be challenging,

Have a look here.

The bottom line is, neural adaptations are the first adaptations. Your body learns to be as efficient with executing the movements as it can be, before it allows muscular adaptations (Hypertrophy).

Have a look here.

The bottom line is, neural adaptations are the first adaptations. Your body learns to be as efficient with executing the movements as it can be, before it allows muscular adaptations (Hypertrophy).

Very informative. Would sort of explain my sticking point w the 24... maybe?

Don’t overthink it. Unless already primed with other implements, most people have a sticking point at 24kg. There will be further ones, just keep lifting.
My training was effected by switching to the am for sure but I would say more specifically the 2HS with the 24 is pretty good over all and doesn’t present any real issues. The 1HS is where it gets squirrelly some days regardless of rest periods/etc...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom