all posts post new thread

Bodyweight "Never Gymless"

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

User 7569

Just wanted to start a thread around this book,

for those who don't know, it is written by Ross Enamait, and is based on bodyweight training with some home made minimal equipment thrown in

what do you think?

One of the best training books!!!

Like everything from Ross!!!

If you like kettle-or dumbell training,check out infinite intensity.
If you are interested in grip strength,look at
Untapped strength.
Etc.pp.

I wish it were available for less tha $50 on Amazon.

I was shocked how expensive it was. Then I noticed that he sells the PDF on his website for about $12. I imagine the amazon cost is the a little more than the cost of taking the PDF and having it print and spiral bound. But twelve bucks is infinitely more reasonable than what I saw on Amazon (especially in light of how many good similar books/programs there are out there - some for free!).

Speaking of free, I guess my question about this, or any bodyweight book, is what sets it apart from Reddit's Recommended Routine? I'm not slagging it off or anything, that's just my question.

Speaking of free, I guess my question about this, or any bodyweight book, is what sets it apart from Reddit's Recommended Routine? I'm not slagging it off or anything, that's just my question.

This is really cool, thank you for sharing this.

Whenever I am traveling and staying at a hotel that doesn't have a gym, I'll usually just do burpees for 20 minutes (w/ rests of course), or air squats and pushup ladders in the mornings and in the evenings go for a jog or nice walk outside. Not exactly a strength routine, but at least keeps me moving.

@Groove Greaser

"never gymless" is a book with a focus on building multiple athletic qualities at once (strength, speed, endurance, all around GPP) for fighters and the whole "tactical professional" demographic

the recommended routine is more of a "learn gymnastics from the internet" routine, with hypertrophy rep ranges and progressions leading to moves that are more gymnastics-based

A big difference is that "NG" is a BOOK that is meant to be a complete guide to physical fitness without a gym.. the recommended routine is a routine, although it is based on"Overcoming Gravity"

I consider the $10 I spent on the book by Ross to be well worth it compared to what I get with the RR, but that's just me

Ross is a beast and hands down the most underrated s&c coach out there. Infinite intensity was the first training book I ever bought.

I was shocked how expensive it was. Then I noticed that he sells the PDF on his website for about $12. I imagine the amazon cost is the a little more than the cost of taking the PDF and having it print and spiral bound. But twelve bucks is infinitely more reasonable than what I saw on Amazon (especially in light of how many good similar books/programs there are out there - some for free!).

Good to know. I used to read his blog years ago, and always wanted to check out his book.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom