all posts post new thread

Off-Topic New book release from StrongFirst!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Nikki

Level 3 Valued Member
A three-book collection of the remarkable story of one of the strongest men in history—and in every regard about the least likely to become so. Your inspirational read of the year.

The Search for Greatness by Dr. Judd Biasiotto—available on Kindle.

We hope you enjoy it!

I had the honor to meet Dr. Judd Biasiotto few years ago in Italy. He gave me few of his books, a mp3 player with his speeches, and sent me other book later. Real gentleman, super nice guy, very wise man, and a true legend of the Iron Game. Can't wait to read it, thank you for update!

Agreed, @Nikki . Here is nice video from the event I met Dr. Judd and a picture.

judd-biasiotto-pavel-macek-strong-first.jpg

@Nikki Does the three-part collection mean there will be three books or that this book is split into three chapters?

@IonRod Its one book split into 3 parts with a total of 41 chapters (481 pages). If you click on the link Nikki gave it’ll take you to the Amazon page. Then click on “Look inside” and you can view the introduction and table of contents. Looks like a good read but I’ll have to hold out and hope for a hard copy edition. Extended ebook reading fatigues my eyes and gives me a headache for some reason.

Last edited:
How does this new book compare to Psych? The descriptions look pretty much the same.

How does this new book compare to Psych? The descriptions look pretty much the same.
I'd say the new book is much more personal - you are reading a training biography, and in many senses, just a biography, of the author.

It is a _wonderful_ read, all the more so for anyone who has competed at anything athletic but a wonderful read for anyone because it's also the story of someone who succeeded beyond all reasonable expectations by virtue of his own determination and willingness to seek out everything and everyone that could help him improve.

-S-

I'd say the new book is much more personal - you are reading a training biography, and in many senses, just a biography, of the author.

It is a _wonderful_ read, all the more so for anyone who has competed at anything athletic but a wonderful read for anyone because it's also the story of someone who succeeded beyond all reasonable expectations by virtue of his own determination and willingness to seek out everything and everyone that could help him improve.

-S-

Thanks for the review. How does the handling of the mental side of training and performance differ between the books? If one is looking to improve his head game, which book is better?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom