all posts post new thread

Nutrition New breakfast idea

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

ShawnM

Level 9 Valued Member
So I wake early each day (3:45) to get to the gym by 4:45 to train. Usually this leaves me very little time to get my morning eggs together without them sitting in the fridge all night until now. Yesterday I found a keto egg bake crock pot recipe. Brown some sausage, throw it in the well greased/ cooking spray covered crock pot, dump a dozen or so well beaten eggs on top and set on low. Watch some football, read some of a book and then hit the rack. I woke to freshly cooked sausage and eggs. Add pico de giallo and hot sause and my day has started out incredible. You may have to experiment depending on your slow cooker size, mine is the big a#@ oval one. Enjoy!

Have a link to the recipe? We love our slow cooker but haven't ever done anything with eggs in it before.

This is an egg dish we were first introduced to here by my sister, who lives in Israel, and which we now make for dinner.

Shakshouka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shakshuka - Recipe for Delicious Middle Eastern Egg Dish

Basically a ratatouille/ragout of whatever sort you like, topped with eggs that come out 'over easy' on top. I'd love to try something like this in a slow cooker.

-S-

@Steve Freides- Thanks for the recipe, it looks great! After several tours in Iraq working with the local army I gained an appreciation for middle eastern food. I will have to try this soon.

This morning I browned three pounds of 73/27 ground beef, through it in the crock pot with taco seasoning, 12 eggs, and a bag of mixed peppers and onions. Kind of a fajita egg bake. I should have enough food for the next 4 or 5 days.

@Steve Freides, I have that regularly, although not for breakfast. I know it by a less exotic name....chilli eggs. Dead easy to make and very yummy, he says, showing off his culinary vocabulary. As is often the case with my style of cooking, everything tastes that little bit better with a dash or two of red wine. I've made pretty much the same thing too with some tastbud vapourising bone broth as a base. One of the tastiest, convenient, cheap, nutritional wonder meals there is but there is never enough of it!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom