all posts post new thread

Forum Business New feature - ignore new threads

Problems, Questions, Suggestions
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
If you feel there are too many new posts every time you visit the forum, you can clean up the ‘New Posts’ list by ignoring threads and forums you may not be interested in.

Ignore thread
In the thread you want to ignore, select ‘Ignore Thread’ in ‘Thread Tools’.

upload_2016-11-28_11-40-42.png

upload_2016-11-28_11-41-28.png

To undo, do the same for a thread you are ignoring, but select ‘Unignore Thread’.
To find the threads you are ignoring, hover/tap on your name (upper right corner), and then on Ignore Threads, you'll see all the ones you've chosen to ignore - if you click on one, it will show up normally and, while you're in there, you can also elected to UnIgnore it.

Ignore Forum
Select ‘Ignore Forums’ on the account overview drop-down (hover or tap on your name in the upper right corner).
On the new page, select the forum(s) you wish to ignore.

upload_2016-11-28_18-31-31.png

Last edited:
Good timing, thank you!! The forum is getting so popular it is virtually impossible to keep up with everything. This will be a helpful feature.

I tried it with a couple of old training log threads. It seems to make the thread disappear completely from all views. Is there any way to see the thread at all, once you've Ignored it?

I see the note above about Undo ("Unignore thread") but I don't see how to find the thread to take that action, once it's dropped out of all of my views.

@Anna C, if you click under your name, and then on Ignore Threads, you'll see all the ones you've chosen to ignore - if you click on one, it will show up normally and, while you're in there, you can also elected to UnIgnore it.

-S-

Oh, just like the instructions said... :)

Thanks, that works.

Oh, just like the instructions said... :)
I didn't actually read the instructions (you know, real men don't need to read instructions and all that) but the way everything else works around here, that seemed logical to me. I've had an admin-only widget that works in a similar way for a while.

-S-

Thanks Terry.

@StrongestXen thank you, these are nice features!

However, I am unable to Ignore the following Forums
  • Welcome!
  • Not Training
  • Equipment

It's part of the functionality, ignore is applied to forums with threads, so you have to click on the sub-forums instead. You probably did it already. Luckily there aren't that many, just a few additional clicks.

upload_2016-11-29_15-18-46.png

However, I'd suggest to not ignore the Welcome forum as we post news in it. You would have missed this announcement ;)

It's part of the functionality, ignore is applied to forums with threads, so you have to click on the sub-forums instead. You probably did it already. Luckily there aren't that many, just a few additional clicks.

Thank you, StrongestXen! I did as you mentioned. So there is no way for me to have "Equipment" not appear?

As you see in the picture above, you just need to check the three individual forums to ignore. You are correct in that you cannot get Equipment as a category to disappear - I agree that would be useful, and I believe the developer of this add-on software for our forum has been asked to add that but it hasn't happened yet and we don't know if it will.

-S-

Thank you, StrongestXen! I did as you mentioned. So there is no way for me to have "Equipment" not appear?

Terry you are set! The 'threads' in 'Equipment' are the sub-forums, select them ('Product Recommendations - Kettlebell', 'Product Recommendations - Everything Else', 'For Sale') and you ignore the forum.

+1 on what Steve said.

Thanks,
Tom

@Steve Freides

Yep. If you Ignore Forum and Watch that same Forum, you'll still get Alerts.....provided that you enable Alerts for Watched Forums.

I'm sure that's a load off of peoples' minds. LOL

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom