all posts post new thread

Forum Business New Forum Features - Using?

Problems, Questions, Suggestions
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Steve Freides

Staff
Senior Certified Instructor Emeritus
Elite Certified Instructor
Ladies and Gentlemen,

What I'm mostly interested in hearing about is something _new_ in the forum setup that you've found _useful_. There is a fair amount of new stuff I don't anyone is using.

Thanks in advance.

-S-

What other new functionalities are available @Steve Freides ?
There are a lot of new menu things, most of which I don't think anyone is using and therefore I'm planning to remove - but I'd like to hear if anyone is using them.

Latest Activity - that's one.

Find Threads - that's another. It's similar to Your Content that we had and continue to have.

I've already removed a thing or two, and my plan is to continue to remove a few things and see who complains. :) Seriously, if there is new functionality _in the menus_ you find useful, let me know.

Thanks.

-S-

Previous software we used to be able to sort to find threads with most views or most replies. I think we lost it with the upgrade?

There used to be a feature for inserting bookmarks into posts, I think close tp the option of inserting quotes I have not been able to do that on the new forum. Also I haven't found a way to search my bookmarks. As I have not labeled them it takes much longer to find something. (Usually I filtered them by author)

I guess I'm directing this at @Steve Freides but anyone who can help me would be great. I have mentioned this before and I will reiterate, I am a product of the late 70s/early 80s and as such I'm "technically challenged" with electronics.

I have noticed that a user can hit the like button showing that he or she likes a certain post. I also notice " love" and " ha ha" and my question is how the heck do you get them instead of a plain old "like".....any help appreciated.

I guess I'm directing this at @Steve Freides but anyone who can help me would be great. I have mentioned this before and I will reiterate, I am a product of the late 70s/early 80s and as such I'm "technically challenged" with electronics.

I have noticed that a user can hit the like button showing that he or she likes a certain post. I also notice " love" and " ha ha" and my question is how the heck do you get them instead of a plain old "like".....any help appreciated.
John, FWIW, even in the early 1980's, there were PC's. My wife and I bought our first PC as a mutual Christmas present in 1982. Its main chip was a 10 MHz 8086, a variant of the original 8088 in the original IBM PC. It came with two 5-1/4" floppy drives, one of which I later replaced with a 20 Mb hard drive. I think it was a Franklin brand, and ran MS-DOS 1, I'm pretty sure. (Apologies if some of the specifics are off - it was a long time ago ...) And my wife was using computers running the CPM operating system at her office job.

-S-

John, FWIW, even in the early 1980's, there were PC's. My wife and I bought our first PC as a mutual Christmas present in 1982. Its main chip was a 10 MHz 8086, a variant of the original 8088 in the original IBM PC. It came with two 5-1/4" floppy drives, one of which I later replaced with a 20 Mb hard drive. I think it was a Franklin brand, and ran MS-DOS 1, I'm pretty sure. (Apologies if some of the specifics are off - it was a long time ago ...) And my wife was using computers running the CPM operating system at her office job.

-S-
Well Steve, maybe I should say 1970's then ?

By the way, like I've said to the kids, the 80s weren't that long ago!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom