all posts post new thread

Kettlebell New Friend

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

joven

Level 1 Valued Member
I bought my 16kg kettlebell at least 7 years ago. Long enough ago that I can't really remember except that it was at our old house. I can't say that I've used it for 7 years, just that I've possessed it that long. Truth be told I haven't been very consistent in using it over the years. That has changed over the past 2 months though and I'm super pumped to share I finally upgraded to a shiny new 24 kg monster! I know I know everyone else seems to toss these around like baseballs. But, today on day 1, this thing feels like a monster to me! Welcome to your new home 24!

24monsterarrives.jpg.JPG

Getting your first big weght is such an exciting step. It will eventually feel light...and then you'll probably buy something even heavier :)

I too had just a 16 for many years, maybe 10, and this year finally decided that StrongEnough was a dumb motto so I stepped up to the 24kg. Love it, and already have itchy fingers for a 2nd 24 and a 32!

I have a new addition to my family as of yesterday. I had purchased a 12kg KB for my girlfriend from Wolverson and got slightly carried away (my tax rebate had just come in so I felt like a splurge).
A 6kg macebell which will be used almost entirely for playing around with. I'm really glad I didn't get anything heavier after having swung this around.
14759106475702080763628.jpg

@davethew. Mace swings are really fun. I use sledge hammers for one handed and two handed mace swings. I have one 10 lb hammer I bolt 1" plates to the head, and one 10lb hammer I add Olympic plates to the snubber so they are loadable.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom