all posts post new thread

Off-Topic New here!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

bobliver

Level 1 Valued Member
Howdy! Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm a 25yr old seeking motivation for some serious body transformation. I weigh around 220lbs with a height of 6-1". I have been a fat kid since 6th grade, and now I'm ready to bid adieu to that body. It's not a show-off thing. This is just for me. To prove to myself that I can go miles to achieve things. I hope I'm in the right place. The community looks interesting, and thanks for letting me in. Appreciate it.

Welcome, I hope you enjoy your time here. Maybe start a log, if you want to hold yourself accountable. The good thing is you're 25 and ready to take some action.

@bobliver
I concur with Mr. onfirst (@Whosonfirst )
Start a log in the training logs section (either public or members only)
Important is to state your goals and aspirations. This need to be clear for both you to be able to meet them, and for others to be able to offer support. Also good for us to know is what kind of stuff you plan to do. What type of training? Body weight? KB’s? Barbells? Locomotive Endurance? A combination perhaps?

Do you play any sports or engage in other physical pursuits?

Do you have any injuries or medical issues that you need to be concerned about?

I noticed that you had a question about diet over on the body weight training forum. That’s important as well. As you noted there, there are many options and thought processes on that. People here are practitioners and well versed on most of them.

All you need to do is ask the appropriate questions on diet and training and the results will come pouring in.

This is a fine community. There are some serious folks here; knowledgeable, supportive, and friendly.

Welcome to SF

@bobliver
I concur with Mr. onfirst (@Whosonfirst )
Start a log in the training logs section (either public or members only)
Important is to state your goals and aspirations. This need to be clear for both you to be able to meet them, and for others to be able to offer support. Also good for us to know is what kind of stuff you plan to do. What type of training? Body weight? KB’s? Barbells? Locomotive Endurance? A combination perhaps?

Do you play any sports or engage in other physical pursuits?

Do you have any injuries or medical issues that you need to be concerned about?

I noticed that you had a question about diet over on the body weight training forum. That’s important as well. As you noted there, there are many options and thought processes on that. People here are practitioners and well versed on most of them.

All you need to do is ask the appropriate questions on diet and training and the results will come pouring in.

This is a fine community. There are some serious folks here; knowledgeable, supportive, and friendly.

Welcome to SF
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. Speaking of my physical health condition, I had a herniated disc problem and was completely bedridden for 2 years. Now I'm up and running. But since I carry weight, I'm not risk-free yet. I went through something similar a couple of weeks back while playing badminton. But now everything is back to normal. I go for regular walks now. Right now, I'm just focused on reducing my weight rather than getting shredded. But like I mentioned before, I'm confused with the diet thing.

Welcome to the forum @bobliver ! There's a ton of great people here that can provide feedback with training and diet. Walking often is a great place to start and if you are cleared by your doctor S&S can be a great program to add to the walking. If the swings are a bit much for your back at the moment a decent, basic bodyweight program would be great as well.

Howdy! Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm a 25yr old seeking motivation for some serious body transformation. I weigh around 220lbs with a height of 6-1". I have been a fat kid since 6th grade, and now I'm ready to bid adieu to that body. It's not a show-off thing. This is just for me. To prove to myself that I can go miles to achieve things. I hope I'm in the right place. The community looks interesting, and thanks for letting me in. Appreciate it.
Great stuff mate, welcome! I’ve been on S&S since January and I’m loving it. Strongfirst works! I’m 28, and I’ve been weak for years since an injury when I was 21, now I’m back on track. I hope a program you find here will work for you too.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom