all posts post new thread

[NEW ONLINE COURSE] KNOCK ‘EM DEAD: The Ultimate Deadlift Guide for World Class Strength & Skill byFabio Zonin, Master SFG Instructor

StrongFirst

KnockEmDead.png

KNOCK ‘EM DEAD: The Ultimate Deadlift Guide for World Class Strength & Skill - AVAILABLE NOW!

The deadlift is the ultimate test of strength. At hardcore gyms, if you are not pulling many wheels, “You ain’t nothin’.”

The “dead” looks deceptively simple: Anyone can pick up a weight from the ground.

True. But not many can pick up a lot of weight—and even fewer can do it without blowing out their backs. “Dead” in the lift’s name is there for a reason.

All top deadlifters are ultimate technicians polishing their skill with as much attention and precision as archers and acrobats. If you are not willing to do this, go find a you-get-what-you-pay-for deadlift tutorial on YouTube and make an appointment with a chiropractor. But if you are ready to join the club of the strong and the skilled, KNOCK 'EM DEAD is for you.

At StrongFirst we treat the deadlift as the “health lift,” the name old time strongmen gave to a similar exercise. For us not getting hurt is not enough; our mission is to make you healthier and more resilient! Our deadlift technique has been refined from the best of what top lifters, medical professionals, and spine biomechanists have to offer.

Let Fabio Zonin, StrongFirst Certified Master Instructor and big puller introduce you to the intricacies of expert deadlifting:

–Disassemble the deadlift down to its tiniest components and put it back together strong and safe.
–If you are coming from a kettlebell background, make an effortless transition to he barbell. The skills you learn at our School of Strength are totally compatible with multiple strength tools.
–Learn the pros and the cons of the conventional and the sumo deadlift styles and pick the right one for you.
–Personalize your stance and grip according to your individual structure.
–Learn StrongFirst gold standard performance cues: the best of Eastern European and Western science, intuitive discoveries of the
finest coaches and lifters around the world, plus insights from medical professionals, polished and systematized to help you develop championship technique in record time.
–Learn how to max like a pro—and when to take it easy.
–Get two state-of-the-art training plans—with detailed instructions on how to personalize them—that combine one of the two most successful strength training methodologies in history with StrongFirst innovation. Guaranteed to work.
–Because the deadlift is not only the ultimate lift but also one of the best total body strength exercises, excelling at it will improve your sprinting, jumping, striking, throwing…

Whether it is your first barbell rodeo, or you are an experienced lifter ready to go to the next level, get this course and knock ‘em dead with your strength!

AVAILABLE NOW!: StrongFirst: Training Center

#strongfirst #deadlift #bestrongfirst

Last edited:

View attachment 21350

KNOCK ‘EM DEAD: The Ultimate Deadlift Guide for World Class Strength & Skill - AVAILABLE NOW!

The deadlift is the ultimate test of strength. At hardcore gyms, if you are not pulling many wheels, “You ain’t nothin’.”

The “dead” looks deceptively simple: Anyone can pick up a weight from the ground.

True. But not many can pick up a lot of weight—and even fewer can do it without blowing out their backs. “Dead” in the lift’s name is there for a reason.

All top deadlifters are ultimate technicians polishing their skill with as much attention and precision as archers and acrobats. If you are not willing to do this, go find a you-get-what-you-pay-for deadlift tutorial on YouTube and make an appointment with a chiropractor. But if you are ready to join the club of the strong and the skilled, KNOCK 'EM DEAD is for you.

At StrongFirst we treat the deadlift as the “health lift,” the name old time strongmen gave to a similar exercise. For us not getting hurt is not enough; our mission is to make you healthier and more resilient! Our deadlift technique has been refined from the best of what top lifters, medical professionals, and spine biomechanists have to offer.

Let Fabio Zonin, StrongFirst Certified Master Instructor and big puller introduce you to the intricacies of expert deadlifting:

–Disassemble the deadlift down to its tiniest components and put it back together strong and safe.
–If you are coming from a kettlebell background, make an effortless transition to he barbell. The skills you learn at our School of Strength are totally compatible with multiple strength tools.
–Learn the pros and the cons of the conventional and the sumo deadlift styles and pick the right one for you.
–Personalize your stance and grip according to your individual structure.
–Learn StrongFirst gold standard performance cues: the best of Eastern European and Western science, intuitive discoveries of the
finest coaches and lifters around the world, plus insights from medical professionals, polished and systematized to help you develop championship technique in record time.
–Learn how to max like a pro—and when to take it easy.
–Get two state-of-the-art training plans—with detailed instructions on how to personalize them—that combine one of the two most successful strength training methodologies in history with StrongFirst innovation. Guaranteed to work.
–Because the deadlift is not only the ultimate lift but also one of the best total body strength exercises, excelling at it will improve your sprinting, jumping, striking, throwing…

Whether it is your first barbell rodeo, or you are an experienced lifter ready to go to the next level, get this course and knock ‘em dead with your strength!

AVAILABLE NOW!: strongfirst.skilltrain.com/ked

#strongfirst #deadlift #bestrongfirst
Victorious is great, I am sure this is as well. Fabio is awesome.

I'll admit , I am a bit of a student of @Fabio Zonin .

I have built strong minimalist, victorious, and now, knock 'em dead.

I very much enjoyed the longer more detailed discussion that was provided about the setup, the wedge, and the relative locations of the shoulder joint and the barbell.

I'll have some practice, and filming to do, and I find this instruction to be incredibly valuable; especially as a relatively nascent novice.

I will buy shortly (because I need to feed my addiction) but I want to ask the question: Is there a definitive opinion at Strong First about the role of the barbell deadlift in "lifting for health"? In other words, if I'm an S&S guy on my road to Simple, is there also a role for the BB deadlift?

I will buy shortly (because I need to feed my addiction) but I want to ask the question: Is there a definitive opinion at Strong First about the role of the barbell deadlift in "lifting for health"? In other words, if I'm an S&S guy on my road to Simple, is there also a role for the BB deadlift?
At StrongFirst we treat the deadlift as the “health lift,” the name old time strongmen gave to a similar exercise.

Yes! Just because you're working on the Simple goal for S&S doesn't mean you cannot perform other exercises (you should!).

Any lift can be a "health lift" when used properly (volume, intensity, frequency, etc.).

I would never restrict myself to 2-3 exercises or a minimalist program (S&S, Q&D, KBSF, etc.). They work best in conjunction with other training (lifting or sports training).

In the coming year thinking of purchasing a bar and some plates to add deadlifting to my up to now kettlebell and bodyweight exclusive program

Seems like from a technique standpoint this would be a no brained.

Are the included programs a good place to start for a barbell novice?

@DrFierce, when Fabio says, "If you are coming from a kettlebell background, make an effortless transition to the barbell. The skills you learn at our School of Strength are totally compatible with multiple strength tools" and also says, "Whether it is your first barbell rodeo, or you are an experienced lifter ready to go to the next level, get this course and knock ‘em dead with your strength!" I think your question is answered.

-S-

For plan KED1, is it acceptable to complete the Preparation phase multiple times before doing the peak phase? Or should we always do a peak after this plan? I'm not competing and would like to wave my cycle like PTTP, but not if the peak provides benefits that won't be had in the preparation phase.

@Brett Jones :

That's why I asked the question in the online class Q&A.
From Fabio:

I think that it depends on how they are built and also on their goal(s).

If they are looking into pure DL 1RM strength, then they may choose according to body structure:
long torso, short limbs — sumo
and
short torso, long limbs — conventional

and their mobility (one needs good hip external rotation è abduction for sumo).

If they are using the DL for general strength preparation for other sports/activities, then the conventional is the one which has the most carryover
If they are looking for the style that less taxes the lower back, then sumo is the choice
Also if they are looking for muscular development, especially thighs and glutes, sumo is the choice

For plan KED1, is it acceptable to complete the Preparation phase multiple times before doing the peak phase? Or should we always do a peak after this plan? I'm not competing and would like to wave my cycle like PTTP, but not if the peak provides benefits that won't be had in the preparation phase.
You can run it multiple times without peaking.

What are people intending to do alongside KED please?

The obvious choice is Victorious; barbell deadlift and kettlebell military press.

Other options that came to mind;

a) Iron Cardio - shorter time based sessions. Or is this too much hinging with the cleans?
b) Built Strong Minimalist - minimal. Perhaps replacing either squat or pulls to keep at 3 exercises.

I only accessed the content on Friday but the videos have been excellent so far. The programmes were not what I was expecting - which is a good thing! They're not simple but are well explained and individualised to the week on week progress. Really glad I purchased.

One other thing. Reload is marketed at the rear of the pdf as a five exercise programme. My copy must be five years old. Are there many changes in the latest issue?

What are people intending to do alongside KED please?
I was thinking either:

PTTP bench presses with 3 day KED 1
Or
KBSF LCCJ 2 days a week with 2 day KED 1

Iron Cardio would probably work well too.
One other thing. Reload is marketed at the rear of the pdf as a five exercise programme. My copy must be five years old. Are there many changes in the latest issue?

My reload is from 2022 and is based on 4 main lifts, not 5. I wonder if it’s just a typo in the PDF?

Back
Top Bottom