all posts post new thread

Kettlebell [NEW ONLINE COURSE] VICTORIOUS: A Complete Guide to Pressing a Heavy Kettlebell

StrongFirst

StrongFirst

This course is for those who don’t settle for basic instruction and average strength.

Dive deep into the subtleties of elite pressing with Master Instructor Fabio Zonin—and come out stronger. Much stronger.

>>> To claim the special launch price before the offer ends on Wednesday, September 29, 11:59 PM Pacific Time, PLEASE CLICK HERE: strongfirst.skilltrain.com/victorious

—The three keys to a perfect press
—A learning sequence refined for the fastest and most thorough skills acquisition
—This handle placement innovation alone is likely to add kilos to your press
—How to “arm wrestle” the kettlebell for greater strength and safety
—A subtle “victorious” wrist action will light up your triceps for a powerful lockout
—The guide to perfectly stacking the kettlebell and your joints—explained better than ever
—The three cues vital to strong and healthy shoulder mechanics
—The two highest yield drills for press specific shoulder mobility
—The strength magic of the “G.L.A.G.”
—How to find an unlikely pressing ally in your lats
—A power inhalation—how to load your breath for strength
—When to hold your breath and when to power breathe—use this exact timing to press big
—An active negative—to keep your shoulders healthy and to build more mass
—A breakthrough two-step sequence for mastering the perfect—for you—press grove (even gireviks who have been pressing heavy for years find it to be game changing)
—How to divide your press into these two phases to deepen your understanding of the lift and accelerate your gains
—Two killer cues, one for each pressing phase
—How to stand strong and press heavy and strict with these three pro tips
—A “double trigger” for a most powerful start—an essential StrongFirst cue taken to the next level
—Why it is impossible to stay perfectly upright when pressing a heavy kettlebell overhead—and how to shift your body “legally,” without turning the military press into a side press or wrecking your lower back
—The specialized variety drills hand-picked for fastest gains:
—Floor press—to teach your shoulders strength and health
—Z-press—to knock the habit to lean back out of you and to replace it with a bulletproof brace
—Tall kneeling press—to master a perfect hip shift
—Loaded clean—to make your max feel like a feather
—“Push-pull”—to tap into your “muscle software” and activate maximally
—Bottom-up press—to optimize your groove and weight stacking and to build a fierce grip that is a must for pressing really heavy weights
—Stacked press—to drive the “arm wrestling” concept home
—Two state of the art Built Strong training plans for massive size and strength—designed by “Maestro of Programming” himself
No matter how many years you have spent under heavy iron, we promise that this video will enable you to stand victorious with a heavier kettlebell than ever.

Bauer

Level 7 Valued Member
Thanks for announcing it here too.

On a general note, I like the idea of smaller, specialized modules (a bit like the new 101, 201, 301 structure). Compared to the SF-KB course on BJJ Fanatics this one seems a bit pricey, but then again the info might be worth it.

Anyway, I have two questions:
  • How many bells in which jumps are required for Victorious programming?
  • Is the programming suited for (pressing) beginners?
Thanks a lot for all the quality products.

Steve Freides

Staff
Senior Certified Instructor
Elite Certified Instructor
  • How many bells in which jumps are required for Victorious programming?
  • Is the programming suited for (pressing) beginners?
Thanks a lot for all the quality products.
1 bell - it's about the 1-arm kettlebell military press.

Yes, I'd say it's suitable, but there is so much information, and it's so detailed, that I think someone with some pressing experience would be an even better audience.

I have been pressing kettlebells for close to 20 years and I found a ton of useful information for myself in this course, which I have watched more than once - after my initial viewing, I've been going through it a piece at a time, pausing, and going to try out the different things Fabio explains and demonstrates. Some of them are things I've never or only rarely done, others are more familiar but with cues and tips that are new to me.

-S-

Adachi

Level 6 Valued Member
The timing is fortuitous for me since I'm currently on a journey into the press.

I have to admit - this course is so good - I bought the 3 pack right after. It's very densely packed with great information, and it's so clearly presented by Fabio.

Fantastic work!

Last edited:

Dayz

Level 6 Valued Member
1 bell - it's about the 1-arm kettlebell military press.

Yes, I'd say it's suitable, but there is so much information, and it's so detailed, that I think someone with some pressing experience would be an even better audience.

I have been pressing kettlebells for close to 20 years and I found a ton of useful information for myself in this course, which I have watched more than once - after my initial viewing, I've been going through it a piece at a time, pausing, and going to try out the different things Fabio explains and demonstrates. Some of them are things I've never or only rarely done, others are more familiar but with cues and tips that are new to me.

-S-
Thanks Steve. In terms of the programming though, how many bells are needed? Does the program use multiple bells and what increments are needed?

Steve Freides

Staff
There are two programs included but I want to stress that the focus is pressing technique.

@John Spezzano recently had an article here using only one bell. One of the Victorious programs uses two different sizes, the other, 4.

-S-

MattBM

Level 1 Valued Member
Would I be able to work this in with S&S, or should I hold off on this until I achieve Simple?

Overhead pressing has always been a weak spot for me, and would love to work on it. Hoping the stability gains from S&S will lead to better progress in overhead pressing in the future.

Pete L

Level 5 Valued Member
Would I be able to work this in with S&S, or should I hold off on this until I achieve Simple?

Overhead pressing has always been a weak spot for me, and would love to work on it. Hoping the stability gains from S&S will lead to better progress in overhead pressing in the future.
It's a standalone pressing programme so I'm planning to do some additional exercises such as swings and TGU.
I'll definitely dial the load and volume of TGU back.
Considering adding some snatches in though à la ROP too (???)

Steve Freides

Staff
Again, the focus is on technique, so I think everyone can feel free to watch the video then apply those techniques to whatever kettlebell pressing program you choose. The Victorious programs are great, of course, but everything else in the video applies to all your one-arm kettlebell press training.

-S-

Xene

Level 5 Valued Member
I thought I was a good presser. I press my 32kg for 8-9 reps... and then I bought the course and had to realize that there is so much I didn't know and could do better.

Fabio delivers (as usual) and I am very happy with the course and also with the programming that comes with it.

The only downside: I think it's a little bit expensive for this very short course.

Tjerr

Level 6 Valued Member
Certified Instructor
Bought it yesterday! So clear and so helpful. Messed my left shoulder up working towards SFG 2, but today, first session without pain *cheer!*

For me, definitely worth the money. If I hired a PT for an hour, it would have been the same price and this I can look everyday and comes with 2 programs!

KBingsinceApril2020

Level 2 Valued Member
I decided to purchase Victorious on Tuesday night and did one watch through. The next morning was my scheduled light day of my current ROP cycle and I was able to apply a few of the principles in my session. I've been running ROP since December and have a new found appreciation for the finer points of pressing properly.

Highly recommend this video and will watch again tonight with my medium session tomorrow morning!

SMalishev

Level 5 Valued Member
I need to join the choir - i'm self-taught in the press and after watching the video I just had the easiest moderate session of ROP. And i'm nearly at the end of this run through (aka moderate days aren't cushy)

This is also on top of getting vaccinated two days ago - there's some brilliance in the course.

Bauer

Level 7 Valued Member
Just one quick impression after watching the first module: Wow, this is deceptively simple and yet so effective! I am not (yet) a good presser and this video was very helpful for me as a beginner. Immediately my pressing felt stronger and more natural. Looking forward to applying the rest of it. I will add some of it to my very short skill practice after my S&S warmup. (I usually do 2-3 short sets of 1-3 reps of an exercise I want to learn.)

Btw, the programming is quite interesting. Both plans are similar to the free ones that Fabio published during the past two years (wavy weeks, building up and tapering, employing ladders and days of different intensity and volume). The overall volume is in line with what Pavel describes in "Ladders Reloaded".

Top Bottom