all posts post new thread

New stretching video by Pavel Tsatsouline and Jon Engum with appearance by Dr. Prentiss Rhodes

Im curious in this, im not a fighter, i just golf, but i found the kettlebells strongfirst course to be good for my golf. Im thinking this might work as well. The talk about this being lower body confused is concerning for me. Is there really a lack of upper body mobility in the video?
If you play golf, you will find the very first video of the series super useful - rotational drill called “Exorcist.”

I have already done the flexiblesteel level 1 certification in Paris with @Pavel Macek . I have my instructor's manual and the previous DVD. I also teach one class a week in the flexible steel orientation.

I have improved my mobility just by trying the exercises while watching this program. Even if the lower part of the body seems to have priority in the video, the upper part is well stretched at the beginning with the egyptian, arm bar, bent arm bar and shoulder spiral. I will probably get into the straddle plan that comes with quicksilver.

Just purchased the program and it's really well made! Will I use all of the stretches or any of them right now? Probably not but I'm definitely happy to have the pdf and video for future use when I decide to take my flexibility to the next level.

I've got the program and are really liking it. I do wish they gave a program for the upper body rather than leaving us to try and figure it out. If anyone has put something together and is willing to share I'd live to see it.

This is the sequence I created on the days I have a lot of upper body stuff

- crocodile breathing
- neck nods
- rib rolls
- arm bar
- Egyptian
- halos

@Goodo
Sets and reps? And what are you training for just general upper body mobility?

I like the lower body programming as it has the goal in mind the whole way through the block.

I've got the program and are really liking it. I do wish they gave a program for the upper body rather than leaving us to try and figure it out. If anyone has put something together and is willing to share I'd live to see it.
Same feelings here for me.

Sets and reps? And what are you training for just general upper body mobility?

I like the lower body programming as it has the goal in mind the whole way through the block.
Yeah just general upper body mobility, but you could quantify it with something like bent presses or the FMS shoulder mobility screen...

Usually x5 on the stuff like arm bars & halos and x10 on the neck nods and Egyptian

Just done the frog series as described by Jon in the video and it feels amazing!

Only went through one series of it as I don’t want to push too far too soon but doing that followed by the Pterodactyl stretch has literally fixed what I thought was a going to be a niggle in my hips to stop my training this week. Turns out they just needed to be opened a bit (or maybe just the blood flow has helped).

Find it quite handy to be able to put on the video and then just follow along with the cues etc being said as I go.

If I'm not (I'm not), is this program appropriate?
To me, it also looks like a good selection of Relax into Stretch / Flexible Steel stretches and a video guide of how to do them for maximum results (when to breathe into the stretch, when to contract relax, when to do rocking/movements etc).

Very useful for a beginner like me.

Looking at the contents, or list of stretches you can see on there, you’ll notice that pull up bar hangs and drills are missing. Something missing on the flexible steel side is the pull over. Both of these are mentioned in other works by them for overhead lock-out and de loading the spine in the hang. Both of which are things I think would be included if this was a lifting mobility course.

Last edited:
Just purchased and enjoying it so far (1/2 way thru videos). I'd like to echo the above with the content is first class, but the sound quality at times is poor, and the black Strongfirst banner behind the presenters isn't great for the black shirts they are wearing.

Minor niggles however, and it looks to be an excellent, practical product.

Program is on sale for $49. Use code Spring40 to get another 40% off. Not sure how long sale is. It doesn't appear to be a daily deal. Looks like today is last day for that particular coupon.

Just a heads up, this is the daily deal right now and with code 4JULY2023 the total comes out to less than $25.

Just a heads up, this is the daily deal right now and with code 4JULY2023 the total comes out to less than $25.

Thanks for the heads up! Just got it and am looking forward to watching the videos.

Back
Top Bottom