all posts post new thread

Kettlebell New to kettlebells: a simple question on grip

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Thedeadgamer429

Level 2 Valued Member
Hello all,
After a couple of years of bodybuilding, I am transitioning to kettlebells and currently I am on the wolf program. Now for cleans and snatches, I know to keep the grip on the kettlebells relaxed to allow the bell to rotate during the movement, but does this mean that during the snatches and cleans my hands/grip has to fully open at any point during these 2 exercises, or could I keep my grip closed but loose and relaxed?

Closed but loose and relaxed as the bar floats to the top. At the top of a clean or snatch, if the handle is situated in the hand at an angle, you should be able to open the hand w. a straight wrist comfortably.

I don't know about you guys, but I noticed different smaller periods of tension during lighter snatches.

That is to say : as you become more comfortable with the movement you'll probably find the places that need more or less grip.

Hello all,
After a couple of years of bodybuilding, I am transitioning to kettlebells and currently I am on the wolf program. Now for cleans and snatches, I know to keep the grip on the kettlebells relaxed to allow the bell to rotate during the movement, but does this mean that during the snatches and cleans my hands/grip has to fully open at any point during these 2 exercises, or could I keep my grip closed but loose and relaxed?
Awesome! I have similar issues with the grip. You can develop calluses very easily. I try to be relaxed at the rack position and lockouts during presses. Worked well so far. How do you find the wolf program (I suppose you are referring to Geoff Neupert's 6week program)?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom