all posts post new thread

New Training Log -- Adam Mundorf

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Just a reminder that if you miss a day of training it's not the end of the world. Just make your week, 8 or 9 days. No one says you need to stick to a 7 day cycle. Just get back on tract when you complete the week.

Okay, I am back in action. I spent the last couple of months with random acts of variety but I want to focus on Simple and Sinister 2.0 now.

Simple and Sinister
  • S&S Warm Up 16kg
  • 10 x 10 16kg One Handed Swing
  • 5 x 1 16kg Turkish Get Up
  • 3 Rounds of S&S Stretches

Well, fell off the wagon with S&S, have just been doing basic calisthenics work. I've decided that with the cooler weather inbound, I'll be able to take trips to the local park and follow the Rite of Passage. So that'll be my plan. The 24kg is a little bit too heavy for me right now, especially when I zoom forward to the volume I'll need to perform at the end of the cycle. So the 20kg will be the bell of choice.

I'll be doing the program by the book. Variety days will be spent with heavier than press : turkish get ups, cleans and snatches. At work I like to squeeze grippers throughout the day though I often I don't have time. Nighttime will be spent doing the 90/90 stretch and QL stretch from Simple and Sinister.

Variety Day
  • Off Day
I tested out some weight lifting chalk for the first time today. It was Unicorn Dust from Friction Labs. Man, what a difference it makes. My hands honestly hurt a bit but I can definitely tell you my grip was way more solid. I'm looking forward to experimenting with this.

I'll be doing the program by the book.

Adam, I gotta ask. What keeps you from actually doing the program by the book? The only reason why I ask is that you stayed at 3 rungs in the second week and you dropped down in weight? Also, this isn’t the first or second time I’ve noticed this. What’s stopping you from progressing?

Adam, I gotta ask. What keeps you from actually doing the program by the book? The only reason why I ask is that you stayed at 3 rungs in the second week and you dropped down in weight? Also, this isn’t the first or second time I’ve noticed this. What’s stopping you from progressing?
Hm, well I definitely have a lack of discipline. I'm so easily distracted too.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom