New Training Log -- Adam Mundorf

Adam R Mundorf

Level 5 Valued Member
Completed one week of the Rite of Passage 20kg yesterday.

Here's a link to my RoP Plan : RoP Plan

Here's a link to my log : Training Log

@JamesPTA I also wanted to thank you for your comment a while back. You've motivated me to stick with this program and I appreciate it.

Last edited:

Adam R Mundorf

Level 5 Valued Member
End of Week 2 Thoughts
  • Everything is going well. As always more mobility and flexibility work.
  • This week I will be jumping rope a little bit in the morning. Going to roll dice to keep the time random.
  • Adding in some weighted chin ups, basically only on light days. Depends on how easy they are for me.

Adam R Mundorf

Level 5 Valued Member
End of Week 3 Thoughts and Changes
  • Everything is going well.
  • I changed my daily 15 squats from 16kg Prying Goblet Squats to 20kg Paused Goblet Squats holding the bell by the body with horns facing me. I hope as I progress my squat weight will match my main RoP bell.
  • On Variety Days I'm doing heavier than press Turkish Get Ups superset heavier than press Goblet Squat. Then I'm doing heavier than my normal weighted chin ups.

Adam R Mundorf

Level 5 Valued Member
Does that mean you do chin ups 5 days a week? Doesn't that mess with your Ladder days?
Yes but my chin ups on variety days are only heavier singles. I haven't noticed any issues with my ladder days but I'm also a really proficient chin upper and the weighted chin ups make my normal chin ups feel effortless.

Adam R Mundorf

Level 5 Valued Member
Finally maxed out my bell collection. I now have matching E-Coat pairs of 16kg through 48kg.

16 through 24 are Dragondoor.
28 through 40 are Rogue E-Coat.
44 is StrongFirst.
48 is Dragondoor.

I have an extra 28 and 32 Metrixx Elite.

Adam R Mundorf

Level 5 Valued Member
End of Week 4 Thoughts and End of my 20kg RoP (Next Two Days are Off Days)
  • Today I did 5 ladders of 4 rungs 20kg Military Press Supersetted with Equal Amount of Chin Ups
  • I tested my press and can press the 24kg easily for 8 reps both sides.
  • I'm going to run an extended Return of the Kettlebell Grind Block with two 16kgs.
  • My plan for RotK is this :
    • ETK ladders but am not using two different sized bells for light and medium days. Only reducing the rungs.
    • Squats as Prescribed
    • Deadlifts as Prescribed
    • 30 seconds rest between reps and ladders.
    • Chin Ups GtG style. Nothing structured just a few here and there. Some weighted and some not.
    • Variety Days
      • 24kg Get Up
        • Superset
      • 24kg Snatch
      • End it all with 24kg Rack Carry and SuitCase Carry Done Cook Style.
    • Daily Skipping Rope
My overall thoughts are like this :
  1. 20kg RoP (Tested Out Today)
  2. 16kg RotK Grind Block extended until I test or max out the ladders
  3. 24kg RoP
  4. 20kg RotK Grind Block extended until I test or max out the ladders
  5. 28kg RoP
  6. 24kg RotK Grind Block extended until I test or max out the ladders
I'm sure you can see the pattern. I peak with the RoP fall back to RotK, surge forward again with the RoP and then fall back to RotK. Get a little different stimulus from the RotK ladders while solidifying my abilities with a lighter weight. During the variety days I practice some key movements with my future RoP weight. Working all ranges of motion : Turkish Get Up covers the top of the press, Rack Carry Covers the Clean and the Suitcase Carry covers the single arm holding the weight. The snatch is just a skill worth practicing. Taking as much time as I need with the ladders (in terms of adding rungs) and testing or maxing out the ladder system when I feel ready. I skip rope everyday and practice diligent daily mobility and active flexibility work. Once in a while I'll bang out a couple chin ups, here and there but nothing structured.

Here's my Ongoing Training Log : Training Log

Last edited:

Adam R Mundorf

Level 5 Valued Member
Adam, alternating RoP and RotK Grind Blocks sounds interesting. I hope it works out for you. Are you using different size bells or just stick to the 16kg KBs?
Thank you I'm excited to try it out. I have a feeling it's going to turn out great. It's like a hammer and anvil technique they used during calvary charges in the middle ages. Surge forward with the charge (RoP) and then drop back and regroup/solidify(RotK Grind Block) etc. I think as I progress my variety day activities may change somewhat but time will tell.

I'm using the same size bells. Two reasons for this is because I don't have smaller than 16kg bells and I prefer the simplicity of not having to worry about asymmetrical load.

Top Bottom