all posts post new thread

Kettlebell New training tortures

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Rúben Sousa

Level 3 Valued Member
Hi, guys. I have been trying all the kinds of hard stuff out there to develop mental and physical toughness (20 rep squats, clean and jerk/snatch until dead).

And I was wondering, what can be harder... I mean really harder.... I was looking for new kinds of crazy stuff to do.

Can you give me some hardcore suggestions?

Iam a kyokushin practicioner looking for news ways to get stronger kkkkk

Kind regards from Portugal.

OSU!

Last edited:
To me, nothing is harder than an all out 5k race, if torture is what you're really after.

For some reason I've always found it the hardest distance. It takes long enough that it's not over 'quickly', like an 800m or 1500m. But short enough that you have to go very hard from the beginning. If you race at true all out pace, you'll feel like you're "hanging on" from beginning to end.

Hi, guys. I have been trying all the kinds of hard stuff out there to develop mental and physical tuffness (20 rep squats, clean and jerk/snatch until dead).

And I was wondering, what can be harder... Iam mean really harder.... I was looking for new kind of crazy stuff to do.

Can you give me some hardcore suggestions?

Iam a kyokushin practicioner looking for news ways to get stronger kkkkk

Kind regards from Portugal.

OSU!
Funny you should mention this right now. I just finished walking the dog, reflecting the entire time on how I feel like I've been run over by a truck courtesy of my recently launched new training block:

It definitely counts as crazy, I'm going to hold steady for a full 2nd week in and if I haven't adapted better am going to cut the volume in half. Its as crazy as they come and it will definitely increase your strength.

Try the Super Slow protocol. Choose a modest weight and move it as slowly as you can, up and down, keep striving until exhaustion brings the weight to rest. You'll wish you were dead and as you get better at it, the pain increases. This is the hardest style workout I've ever done.

Ahahahahaha, this is a very interesting subject, because we all have a workout that we are most afraid of.
To me, for sure it is the 100 men kumite simulation suggested by Jon engum in trembling shock.
200 snatches in 10min with the 24kg, if Iam not mistaken, followed by 3 rounds of 3min hard sparring.
Probably the hardest I know.

But the funny part is just to share this hellish things with each other.

Kind regards from Portugal ?‍♂️?

Emil Zatopek interval work out.
20 x 200m, 40 x 400m, 20 x 200m.
Rest btwn. intervals is a 200m jog.
Pace is 67-77 seconds for the 400's, a bit faster pace for the 200's.
I never enjoyed running ahahahaha
Running, handstand pushups and jumping rope are the kind of exercises that I really don't appreciate to do.
Nothing against, it is just my personal taste, kkkkkk.

Kind regards from Portugal, my friend ?‍♂️?

Traditional rules Muay Thai…. Jk… or am I?

but seriously though;

Have you tried gymnast’s rings? That’s probably the hardest movement set I’ve ever attempted. Dips are brutal.

Or pyramid double clean, press, and front squat with a pair of 32s. That’s a different kind of hard.

As for cardio, grappling with a skilled opponent has to rank at the top for me.

15 1 minute interval sprints on a pushbike was always my toughest challenge when I was younger but the 200 snatches Anna suggested takes the cake. I've done 112 in 5 minutes & 150 in 7 minutes but 200 in ten minutes, that's just brutal.

Last edited:
15 1 minute interval sprints on a pushbike was always my toughest challenge when I was younger but the 200 snatches Anna suggested takes the cake. I've done 112 in 5 minutes & 150 in 7 minutes but 200 in ten minutes, that's just brutal.
The real fun is in ETK when you are supposed to test your press max the same day as SSST

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom