all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed New Year's Resolution: Exercise 6 Days/Week. If Only for 1 Minute - What Will You Do?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
For me, too much time would be lost in the transition from one movement to the next on this schedule. Applies to some of the other suggestions as well. If you could do the last SW and then catch the bell and do a GS with it, that would be cool. But putting the bell down to do a pushup and then starting swings again. Possible, I realize, just not ideal, I don't think. YMMV.

-S-
Good point. Blend the 5th swing with a GS, repeat for :40 then hit the deck and rep out push ups for the :19-20.

It's not enough of a real life scenario for enough people. I started my wife doing 1 set of 10 swings every day a month or two ago - way less than 60 seconds, even - and it got her back into doing a little exercise before she left for work for the day. It could/should/would be a real thing for busy people who can't make time to exercise.

My own: swing 32 kg or 44 kg x 2-hand x 25 reps. Take about 40 seconds.
This is a critical point when attempting to form a new habit. You have to make it so easy that there is zero room for any excuse NOT to do it. Repeat that enough times and then you have a new habit that can be further built upon. A great resource to learn more about this strategy is in the book Atomic Habits by James Clear.

Beginning January 2, 2021, let's say you commit to exercising 6 days a week. Your commitment extends to days when your schedule really doesn't have time for exercise, but you decide you will do _something_, allowing yourself a maximum of 60 seconds to get the job done. No spreading it out over the day, either - one 60-second block is what you get.

What will you do for your 60 seconds (or less) of exercise?

-S-

Double clean, front squat, push press (slow negative) and pull up. Slow-ish circuit.

I’m with @Don Fairbanks. Clean. Squat. Press. I’d throw in a pull up.
I would go clean, press, squat - I think this is the order we've used in our Grad Workout.

I think something like start with 3 cleans, 1 press, and 1 squat, switch hands to repeat, and you're done. Gradually add reps until each side takes about 30 seconds.

-S-

I would go clean, press, squat - I think this is the order we've used in our Grad Workout.

I think something like start with 3 cleans, 1 press, and 1 squat, switch hands to repeat, and you're done. Gradually add reps until each side takes about 30 seconds.

-S-
Yeah, I like the Grad Complex. I use the C - S - P at the end of some mobility sessions, 5/5 with a 12 then 5/5 with a 16, set down,shake, then 5/5/5/5 with a 16, takes about 3 mins. The movements are blended.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom