all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Next round of kettlebell A+A swings: research subject call

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Al Ciampa

Level 7 Valued Member
StrongFolk,

I am reaching out for those who would be interested in participating in the next round of A+A swing research. To keep things simple and improve compliance, this round will run for only 6-8 weeks. It will use a heavier bell than the last project, and use only 5 reps per set. I am looking for a wide variety of participants, but would like to include as many "freshman" as possible. If you are interested, please stay tuned. I just wanted to put this out and see what kind of interest there is. This is also the chance for you lurkers to come out of the shadows and get involved ;]

Thanks in advance for your participation.

-Al

Al, what does A+A stand for?

Sorry James... Alactic + Aerobic. It consists of the various protocols that have you work hard for a brief interval then, recover before the next, for whatever duration is prescribed. The recent blog post uses HR to dictate rest periods between sets of swings, for example.

I would be down for that, I just spent the last year doing a long pressing program prepping for SFG2 and I could use something to change things up.

Thanks, Al. It sounds exactly like something I'd want to be a part of if I weren't training in a studio. Very cool.

StrongFolk,

I am reaching out for those who would be interested in participating in the next round of A+A swing research. To keep things simple and improve compliance, this round will run for only 6-8 weeks. It will use a heavier bell than the last project, and use only 5 reps per set. I am looking for a wide variety of participants, but would like to include as many "freshman" as possible. If you are interested, please stay tuned. I just wanted to put this out and see what kind of interest there is. This is also the chance for you lurkers to come out of the shadows and get involved ;]

Thanks in advance for your participation.

-Al

Would this be in addition to, or in place of my current S&S training?

I don't know if I have been doing this long enough to be a 'freshman'.

Just started my 4th week, but I feel my swing form is good.

Standby for the program this weekend...

@Lew post some video of both arms, and we'll tune you up. The worst case is that you can't go heavy, but it'll still improve your swing. This would be in place of S&S, so make an executive decision ;]

Al, how heavy a bell do you need access to?

The heaviest I have is a 32 and I am pretty comfortable with that (can hit simple goals). Maybe this is the push I need to go buy a 36 or a 40?....

Al, how heavy a bell do you need access to?

The heaviest I have is a 32 and I am pretty comfortable with that (can hit simple goals). Maybe this is the push I need to go buy a 36 or a 40?....

Yes Sir, this would be the time to expand your horizons ;]

For your purchase considerations: we will be doing heavy-ish sets of 5 x 1-h swings on the minute.

I'm in! Heavy swings... :)

I'm interested and look forward to reading about the full program. My one hesitation would be regarding other aerobic work. Is that still allowed? Or would it be limited? I do a lot of walking and a little bit of trail running with my dog. In my opinion, fall is the best time to be out on the trails, not sure I could give that up.

Standby for the program this weekend...

@Lew post some video of both arms, and we'll tune you up. The worst case is that you can't go heavy, but it'll still improve your swing. This would be in place of S&S, so make an executive decision ;]

Thanks Al.

My 1H swing with 16kg is very weak.

And starting the second Monday in December, my workload/day increases by 25-30% as I am one of Santa's helpers.

I'll look for something to participate in early next year!

Besides, I don't have a wide-angle lense to take a video of myself! :eek:

I would be interested. I am working on week 7 of ROP. Do you see these working together or do I have to "choose"?
thanks

@aciampa

Al,
I did my testing for the first A+A Protocol last weekend - I will send you my results in the next days. Since I wanted to maintain this kind of training I would like to participate. IF that makes sense - maybe you would recommend a break.

I'm interested and look forward to reading about the full program. My one hesitation would be regarding other aerobic work. Is that still allowed? Or would it be limited? I do a lot of walking and a little bit of trail running with my dog. In my opinion, fall is the best time to be out on the trails, not sure I could give that up.

@brian d the extra work is a fine addition.

I did my testing for the first A+A Protocol last weekend - I will send you my results in the next days. Since I wanted to maintain this kind of training I would like to participate. IF that makes sense - maybe you would recommend a break.

Thanks @Christian Gelderblom ... you should be ready for this next bout as well: for you, volume will decrease, load will increase.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom