all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Next step after completing Swing Hard 1.0?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

NormanOsborn

Level 5 Valued Member
Tonight was my last session of Swing Hard 1.0

I've really enjoyed the program. It's time efficient and I've seen significant results in terms of improved cardiovascular fitness and weight loss. I started 1.0 with a 16kg bell, and when that felt too light, I moved up to an 18.

I figure I have two options for my next program. Run SW1.0 again from the beginning, but with a 24kg bell. Or move on to 1,1 And I may use a 24 for that as well; the 18 felt really light by the end of 1.0

Any advice or personal experiences from those who have done these programs will be gratefully received. Thank you.

The volume accumulation is “same but different,” but I do prefer the waviness of 1.1 (it’s also a couple of weeks longer in length).

A while back I asked Geoff a couple of questions about programming these plans as 6-week blocks to alternate with Q&D. To paraphrase:

“To shorten these to 6 weeks, simply choose where you want to start (e.g. Weeks 1-6 or 3-8 in 1.0, or anywhere between Weeks 1-6 in 1.1). Base your decision on current conditioning levels and the ‘bell size you plan to use. Feel free to work in 1-Arm Swings, as long as you get the reps in and your form and power output don't change.”

Hope that helps.

Tonight was my last session of Swing Hard 1.0

I've really enjoyed the program. It's time efficient and I've seen significant results in terms of improved cardiovascular fitness and weight loss. I started 1.0 with a 16kg bell, and when that felt too light, I moved up to an 18.

I figure I have two options for my next program. Run SW1.0 again from the beginning, but with a 24kg bell. Or move on to 1,1 And I may use a 24 for that as well; the 18 felt really light by the end of 1.0

Any advice or personal experiences from those who have done these programs will be gratefully received. Thank you.
Excellent work, @NormanOsborn!

I'd recommend the 1.1 with a 24kg or the 1.2 with the 24kg if 1.1 is too easy.

Hope that helps.

Excellent work, @NormanOsborn!

I'd recommend the 1.1 with a 24kg or the 1.2 with the 24kg if 1.1 is too easy.

Hope that helps.

@Geoff Neupert thank you! I'll take your advice and start 1.1 with the 24kg tomorrow.

I lost over 2kg of fat while doing 1.0 with the 16. My resting heart rate has slowed down and my stamina has increased. I haven't done any running since I started Swing Hard. On Saturday I had to run for a bus, and I was surprised at how fast I was moving. And I wasn't even out of breath when I caught the bus.

Looking forward to seeing the kind of results 1.1 with the 24 give me.:)

What is swing hard1. 0.?

Geoff already answered your question, but really he's not doing the program justice: Swing Hard provides enough options to take someone from complete novice to intermediate in terms of Kettlebell Swings. The various options for running the different programs means you can train for months without getting stale. Highly recommended.

Norm, for those not familiar with this abbreviation, what is SW?

Thanks.

-S-

SW = Swing Hard: a set of multiple Kettlebell Swing programs from @Geoff Neupert. They range from 3 weeks up to 12 weeks, and can be adjusted to be suitable for beginners, intermediates and advanced. Each program can be run multiple times simply by increasing the weight or changing from two handed to single handed swings.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom